Killer Eyes

Chapter 1!!! Pleeeeaasseee let me know how you liked it!!! Vote and comment :)

Oh my God my back would break by the time I finished my hike upstairs to the storage room. All of Navsheen's stuff was being kept in one room so once the ceremonies started, all we'd have to do was bring it out. I set down another beautifully decorated basket of bangles in a far, and still pretty empty, corner of the room. The families were arriving today so the preparations for my aunt's niece's wedding would kick into solid gear starting tomorrow.

"Nazeeha?" Nav's khala followed me into the room. "Is there a fridge in here? I just remembered they're bringing chocolates so we will need somewhere to keep them."

"No khala but I'll get them to bring a small fridge up here by tomorrow," I assured her.

"Thanks beta," she patted my back and we walked downstairs together, her telling me all about her excitement for the wedding.

Navsheen was the last, of only three girls in the Al-Ameen family. She's the baby of the family, the apple of her brothers' eyes, and her wedding would be nothing short of a Bollywood level extravaganza if her family had anything to do with it. The family should be arriving any minute now. I sat down on the couch beside my mom and watched as Nav's family jittered with excitement. It'd been years since the entire family had come together in India since many of the children recently married had married in Dubai.

After what seemed like eons, a huge coach bus pulled up to the house. I stayed in the back as all the parents rushed outside. The house was on a hill and so even from inside I could see all the commotion happening in the front yard.

Squeals, tears, hugs, and laughter filled the air. I helped the maids fill glasses of water and took them out to the table in the living room. I set the last one down just as everyone finally came inside. Navsheen spotted me and ran towards me for a hug.

She and I were one year apart and so we'd grown up together in Dubai. When I moved to London before starting year nine, we had become inseparable. Everyone knew us as sisters, even though we were at most distant cousins. Her dad's sister was married to my dad's brother. **A/N Nazeeha's chachi is Navsheen's phoophi.** I came back to India a month ago but came to stay with her mom's family a week ago to help prep for the wedding.

Her entire family treated me as their own. I stayed at their house so often that I walked and talked through it like it was my own. And the same went for Navsheen.

"It's been so long," she sighed, giving me one last squeeze before stepping away. I went on to Safiyana apaa. I wasn't too familiar with the other boys in her family except Armaan and Aamir.

"Okay let me introduce you to the new additions," Safiyana smiled at me, taking me over to three ladies standing with her brother, Zayed and cousin, Ali. "You've met Aisha bhabhi, but this is her latest, Nimra," she pointed to the little girl sleeping in the cradle. I stared in awe at the beautiful little thing till she diverted my attention back. "This is Kismat bhabhi, who's wedding you just missed since you came back to London. And Inayah, Yusuf's wife, but you were at the wedding so you know."

"Yeah, it's nice to finally meet you Bhabhi. We didn't properly meet at the wedding so it's nice to finally congratulate you," I chuckled. She laughed with me, telling me that she briefly remembered seeing me with Nav.

"I'll show you guys your rooms," I said and led them upstairs. This was their house in India so I didn't have to do much except show them the ones that had been cleaned for them.

"Nazeeha," Inayah bhabhi stopped me before I left back downstairs.

"Yes bhabhi?"

"I need another towel if you wouldn't mind grabbing it for me," she smiled apologetically at me.