Take Me Now

Aaaaand it begins! By the way, this story is based on two real people, family members of mine who had such a typical desi love story I just had to write about! While I've obviously added stuff in, the basic premise of the story and a lot of the little details here and there are actually about them. Vote, comment, and enjoy! xx

P.S. Sorry for the typos, I had to write this in like 20 minutes because I literally haven't had any time off for the last two weeks, sorry! 

Oh and the song they're dancing to (ALL TIME FAV/CLASSIC/BEST) is linked above :)

"Naz," Safiyana bhabhi called from upstairs.

"Aayi! (Coming!)" I yelled back. I gathered some of the stuff I had lying around to take with me so it'd be less to carry later. I threw everything into the room I was using for now and head to Saf apaa's room.

"Saf, listen just once, we can be ba-" I knocked on the door before I looked up. Ayaan bhai was standing in front of her with an arm out, looking to be convincing her of something. She pushed him aside, to which he gave me a very sad look for, and walked out with me.

"Zinat bhabhi is stuck at the tailor's still and the music guys are here for the mehendi. Come with me, we need to give them a run down of the schedule," she linked her arm through mine and we walked downstairs. "Ayaan is so annoying sometimes, I swear. Man needs to start doing meditation or yoga or something," she huffed, throwing her dupatta over one shoulder.

I chuckled. "You guys are so cute, Mashallah" I cooed.

"It's all cute and stuff till-" we walked into the living room then and Saf apaa stopped. Ali was nowhere to be found and Saira was just awkwardly standing in the entrance still.

"Where's Ali?" she asked her.

"He left when Nazeeha left," she shrugged, sounding a bit bitter if I wasn't mistaken.

"Never mind him. Let's head back," she said. I quickly ran over to my workstation and unplugged the glue guns before we left.

It took another two hours to get the sound and music guys in check. After the individual performances, there was a big antakshari game, with actual prizes so Zinat bhabhi had strict rules as to how everything would run.

"Naz, have you eaten?" Nav's mom came to me around 4. I shook my head no, smoothing my clothes out as I stood up off the floor.

"Chalo," she took my hand and dragged me inside. It seemed many of the kids hadn't had lunch yet either and Zinat bhabhi and them had just returned too. I washed up and joined them all on the floor.

"Naz, when are you coming back," Nav sat behind me, leaning all of her weight on me so I was basically falling into my plate.

"Let her eat," her mom smacked her back lightly.

"As soon as Zinat bhabhi says we're good," I looked towards said Bhabhi.

"I think everything's done, you go ahead," she chuckled at us. Navsheen squealed, hugging me uncomfortably before going on about the antakshari game to everyone.

"Naz's team will easily win," she boasted.

"No way! Saf's really good at this game, she'll take this one," Armaan defended his cousin.

"Shut up bhai, you have no idea. Koyal ki awaaz aur Einstein ka dimag hai Nazeeha (She has the voice of a beautiful bird and the brain of Einstein, Nazeeha here)" Nav argued with her brother. I nudged her to shut up about it. The guys weren't part of the mehendi ceremony so no need to spill all my secrets to them.