Moment

Ali was landing around 4am. I offered to come get him from the airport but his brother had sent him one of their cars and so he insisted he'd drive home to me so I could get a few extra hours of sleep in.

I missed him, even though it'd only been a month or so. Effects of being in love and all that shit.

I got up around five to read namaaz and then I quickly got myself as ready as I could be, my anticipation keeping me wide awake. He would be here any minute.

I lit some candles, and even sprayed a bit of perfume. Any one else would laugh but we were still in the honeymoon phase. Neither of us had to say out loud that we were looking forward to jumping each other's bones the second we saw each other even if it was 5:30 in the morning. The doorbell rang just as I put away the last of my dishes from the dishwasher.

Being winter in the UK, it wasn't light outside till after 7:30. Therefore I had to turn on the hall light as I answered the door.

"Hey," he smiled brightly as soon as he came into sight. I opened the door and let him in. I gave him a small kiss as he set his bags down.

He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me off the floor to kiss me again.

"Hi," I finally responded back with a chuckle. "Go clean up, I'll make you something to eat."

"I think I already have an idea of what I want," he smirked.

His words didn't even embarrass me anymore like they used to. "Shower first," I said with an implied promise.

"Fine," he groaned like a child and went off to the bathroom. I made him his favourite breakfast that I had partly prepared for the night before. No need to wake up the whole floor of my building with the pots clanking.

He was out in 10 minutes. We didn't have to leave for another two hours so I figured I would make a snack bag for the long drive home since we'd be leaving early and getting there before lunch.

I was pulling out a bag of crisps when Ali joined me in the kitchen. He attacked his breakfast right there at the counter, not bothering to sit down.

"Breath mate," I snorted, watching him eat the paratha as if he'd been starved for a year.

I grabbed a piece too and took my time nibbling through it. He went through two before I even got through half.

He wasn't wearing a shirt and I took the time to admire my handsome husband. "You get more buff every time I see you," I poked his stomach and he squirmed.

"Just been trying to impress he ladies, you know."

I snorted. Bad comeback. He grabbed the end of my t-shirt and pulled me against him. "You get sexier every time I see you too," he grinned, nuzzling his nose into my hair.

"Been trying to impress the boys, you know," I snickered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and just held him close. We may have been standing in my house but it finally felt like home with him there.

"How have you been Naz?" he asked seriously.

"I've been okay. I'm all good now," I smiled warmly at him.

"Is that so? I haven't even done anything yet," he raised an eyebrow.

"Believe it or not, I like having you around."

"Oh do you?" he smirked. "How so?"

"You're.... useful," I traced the bridge of his nose, moving down to run my finger over his stubbly chin.