Re-Evaluate

Enjoy my lovelies <3 

I woke up on the floor of the living room the next morning. It hurt to even lift my head to check the time. It was still super early but I had missed Fajr so I got up to pray.

Robotically, I got ready for work. I text Ali, just asking where are you? but no response. I had to leave for work, I had no choice at this point.

When I got onto the bus, I gave Inayah Bhabhi a call.

"Oh Naz, babe I'm so sorry," she sounded upset and I felt slightly bad telling her everything.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this Bhabhi, I just didn't know who to call," I had to try really hard to keep my voice stable.

"No, no don't apologize. I'm glad you called otherwise how else would you have dealt with this. You just go to work and focus on that. I'll track him down and make sure he comes home. Don't worry."

"Thank you Bhabhi."

The day was shit. I couldn't focus, I was working really slow. I just wanted to get home.

It was dark by the time I reached my building. I shook off all the snow on the way to the elevator and said a quick prayer as I head up.

I could hear voices coming from inside. I quickly took off my shoes and jacket in urgency to see what was happening. I reached the living room and spotted Ali, Rida, Inayah Bhabhi, and Aisha Bhabhi.

"Hi Nazeeha!" Aisha Bhabhi spotted me and came over to give me a hug. I hugged her back warmly, meeting eyes with Ali over her shoulder. He looked away instantly.

I hugged Inayah Bhabhi as well and sat down beside her. "We're here on behalf of Mummy," Inayah Bhabhi took my hand into her lap. "She's asked us to scout a potential wife for Armaan."

"Oh," I turned my head, now interested in this conversation. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"Some businessman's daughter that Dad knows. She's studying medicine," Aisha bhabhi lifted little Nimi out of a cradle I just noticed.

"Okay so I'll set up the bedrooms for you both and let's do dinner-"

"Arey nay nay Inayah, mat fikar karo (Oh no no Inayah, don't worry about it)," Aisha bhabhi tugged my hand to sit back down. I looked at them questioningly.

"We're staying at the hotel. Mizan bhai and Yusuf are going to come later tonight too from Dubai," Inayah Bhabhi explained. "We just came to see you and we'll drop by tomorrow afternoon to spend some time since Ali's here too."

"Oh okay perfect, I only have class in the morning anyways. But at least eat before you go," I insisted.

"No yaar, next time. We ate on the way here," Aisha Bhabhi shook her head.

"Okay at least leave little Nimi here with me," I took the now awake and babbling 1 year old from her. She giggled when I made a face at her.

"Keep her. She drives me crazy, waking up at 5am."

"She wakes up to read namaaz, Mashallah she's such a good girl," I cooed at the little girl who gurgle-laughed back at me.

They sat and chatted for a bit. Ali was too busy on his phone to take part in any conversation apparently as his phone was keeping him over-preoccupied.

They got up to leave when it was nearing 11pm. Ali stood up with them as well.

"Ali, where are you going?" Aisha bhabhi asked him as she bundled Nimi up.