Roti

A little sneak peek into the next and final book in the series: Armaan's! 

Hope you all enjoy! Vote, comment, and share my lovelies!

While Ali was getting breakfast, I spent my time checking my emails that had been piling up all week. Once I got through the nine thousand emails from professors, I came to Liam's email.

Hello Nazeeha,

Hope your vacation has been going well. I wanted to email you in advance before I see you next time about some new developments in our study. Professor Sophia has been in contact wit the federal prison here in London and has been able to approve access for us to interview some of the inmates. There are a few members of gangs that we may be able to interview as their businesses are still operating on the outside. There is one inmate in particular whom I know is higher up in the hierarchy because of his networks, so we'd have lots to start with.

However, I have to legally ask you to sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure and a liability waiver if you say yes to participating. I think it'd be an amazing experience for you to gain field work skills but there is a huge risk in participating in this and so I do not want you to make any decisions in haste.

We will talk when we have our first meeting back from the break. Happy holidays!

Liam

Damn. Interviewing gang members? Hell yeah I was down!

That would look so good on my PhD applications. My chances of getting into Cambridge, or Harvard, or Oxford, or Yale just skyrocketed.

I squealed to myself.

"Everything okay?" Ali walked in just then with a bag full of pakoras.

Should I tell him yet? I don't really know anything except that Liam would speak to me soon. And if I didn't take the offer, I didn't want to be concerned over this.

I took the bag from him and pushed him towards the dining table. "You just startled me."

"That's the sound you make when you're startled?" he raised an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes and popped a samosa in my mouth. "What are we doing today?"

"Well Armaan's coming back after lunch. So we can savour our last few moments of peace till then," he grimaced.

"I like Armaan. A little more than you actually," I teased. But Ali didn't look like he enjoyed the joke. "I'm joking babe," I sat down in his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck, feeding him a samosa too.

"I know. But doesn't stop me from worrying about what you're feeling sometimes," he mumbled with a mouthful of food.

"Ali, there's literally no other way I can show you or tell you that I love you. I don't know why I do-" we both laughed, "but I do. And I'm lucky to have you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my chest. "I didn't hear what you said. You're lucky to what?"

"Don't push it," I slapped his cheek, picking up another samosa. I had half of it in my mouth before he leaned up and ate half of it off, pecking my lips quickly in the process.

My eyes narrowed. I didn't love him enough to give up my samosas though.

------

We went for a walk in the park since it was still quite early. The morning was cool and quiet, so perfect. We ran into a few kids on the street and I told Ali to buy them all some food, as sadqah (A/N: sadqah is like charity but can be done in many ways). When we got home, it was around 11.