Preoccupied

Okay, I'm not the biggest SRK fan or anything but Raees looks flipping amazing! So Nazeeha at the end of the chapter is a tribute to Raees bringing back the classic Laila ;)

There are probably a million typos because I wrote this driving all over India so I hope you all love the chapter more than my writing skills

Vote, comment, share, enjoy! xx

I was a firm believer that words were just words till you put your actions behind them. That's why I think I was able to get away with so much, because I said what people wanted to hear.

But with Ali it was different.

Those three words, I don't know how much weight they held for me. But I did know that it changed things for me.

I woke up earlier than I usually did, feeling light and happy and all that sappy shit from movies. And then I remembered I was leaving tonight and felt like shit again.

Whatever, I'd make the best with what I had.

I went to Ali's room, knowing he was still asleep, and locked the door behind me. It was not even 6, so even the sun was still asleep.

Still in my PJs and not really enjoying the cold temperature of the house, I crawled into bed with him and snuggled into his blanket and also his arms.

He stirred. "Nazeeha?" he murmured, his eyes opening a bit but in the dark he wouldn't be able to tell so I hummed in response. I smiled and he smiled back, before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me tight against him.

"Did the sun rise from the other side today?"

"Hasn't risen yet," I chuckled. He pressed a kiss to the top of my head and then slipped out of bed. I shivered when some of the cold got in.

He went into the bathroom and I checked my phone while he washed up. He came out and snuggled back into bed with me.

"So to what do I owe this beautiful morning to?" he grinned, locking his leg around mine.

"The cold really gets me in the mood," I smirked.

"I'll keep that in mind," his eyebrows raised a bit in surprise. I didn't blame him. He hadn't seen this side of me yet. "Did you eat?"

I shook my head.

"Then let's go have br-"

"Hush and just stay here," I burrowed closer to his chest.

"If I knew saying I love you would make you so...unrestrained, I would've said it long ago," he had this permanent look of amusement on his face.

"Doesn't work that way Romeo," I muttered, closing my eyes again.

I focused on the feeling of his chest rising and falling under me, the way he still smelled of last night's cologne. I didn't want to leave him. And that scared me.

"Ali," I started. He hummed in response. "I don't want to go back."

"Then don't."

I looked up at him. His stubble was back, making me smile. I reached up to run my fingers along his jaw line.

"Let's go away somewhere," he suggested.

"Where?"

"Anywhere. But like not tell anyone," he shrugged.