Dead Man

Stefan walked into Kate's room Monday morning. She was sound asleep in her bed, possibly even drooling. Stefan contemplated letting her sleep in, but decided that she needed to go to school. He went down stairs and grabbed a bucket of ice water before tiptoeing back into her room. He creeped next to her bed and threw the ice cold water on her head.

Kate shot up at lightning speed. When her eyes landed on Stefan they narrowed. "Run," she growled. Stefan sped down the stairs and into the living room with Kate in tow. Unfortunately, Kate ran right into Damon. He grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face him. "What's going on?" he chuckled.

"Ask the dead man," Kate snarled. Stefan laughed from behind them.

"She wouldn't get up, so I had to improvise. You're lucky I let you sleep that long. We have to be at school in fifteen minutes." With that, Stefan left and headed off to school.

"I don't suppose you'd let me skip," Kate asked.

"First period, but you have to be back before then." Kate groaned and stormed up the stairs. While trying to find an outfit, she tripped over a chest on the floor. At first, she didn't know what it was. As soon as she opened it she realized it was her stuff. Kate had very little things, but she had a few bags worth of belongings. The hardest thing to travel with was her chest, though. She couldn't part with it because Klaus had given it to her when she lived with them. It reminded her of a better time, before she was a vampire.

Kate opened the chest to find some of her favorite things. There was her favorite dress from the 20s, and locket from the late 1800s, and a lot of other treasures from her time on this planet. What stood out, though, was the envelope at the bottom of the chest. Inside were three letters from none other than Kol Mikaelson. They weren't exactly love letters, but they were the closest thing that would ever come from him. She decided to just read one.

My dearest Kate,

You looked marvelous tonight. In fact, you looked too good for that no good shopkeeper. No, you deserve someone better. Perhaps someone who understands you. Perhaps someone who even lives with you. Now, if you're thinking of Elijah or Nik then you are a lost cause. No, you need me. Consider it.

-Kol

She shook her head. Back then, she was flattered by the letter. Now it nauseated her. Kate stood up and went back to picking out her outfit.

She walked into second period just as the bell rang and took her seat. Then the monster himself walked in. Kol gave her a cheeky grin before sauntering over to her. Kate looked past him to Jeremy, who had just walked in. He went to his seat, but someone had just plopped down next to her. Kate glared at him.

"Go find someone else to bug," she growled. He smiled at her.

"Now, what fun would that be?" Jeremy saw the tension between the two and chose another seat. Messing with an Original wasn't exactly on his to do list.

"Why are you even here?" Kate asked.

"I just want to see you more, and since you won't come to me, I'll come to you."

"If I remember right, you hate school."

"I do, but I don't hate you."

"Well I hate you. Why don't you go run into a dagger?"

"Tempting, but I was thinking more about the decade dance Friday. Want to accompany me? It would be a perfect chance to relive the twenties together."

"Sorry, I think I'm stabbing myself over and over that night."

A/N Hey guys! I would really like to hear what y'all think about this story. It's my first one so please be nice, but let me know if you're liking it! Also, I'd love to hear what predictions you have. Thanks for reading!