Mystery

Kate and Andre met in the 1880s. There weren't very many vampires in London at the time, but there was a lot of blood. Jack the Ripper had been terrorizing the city through his various murders, but it had been a while since his last victim. Kate and Andre both thrived on the chaos. It made there own feeding a lot easier to cover up. 

Kate loved Andre, but nobody knew if he loved her. If he did, it was in some sick obsessive way. One night, they were in his home doing nothing. "I'm bored," Andre stated. Kate looked up at him.

"Do you want to go feed?" she asked.

After a long moment of silence, he replied, "I want to kill." 

Kate sat up and looked at him quizzically. "Kill? We don't kill," she laughed.

"Maybe you don't, but I have," he stated simply. Kate laughed and smiled at him.

"Then kill we shall," she agreed. 

They waited all night to find their prey. Finally, they settled on a young woman who came stumbling out of a bar late at night. They smiled at each other in agreement. Kate knew what she had to do and sauntered up to the woman.

"You're going to come with me and my friend, and you aren't going to make a sound," she compelled. The trio went back to Andre's home and locked the doors. Andre took the woman into his bedroom and started to feed, leaving no room for Kate. She slammed the door, leaving Andre alone and stormed into the living room. She didn't like having to share him, especially with a glorified juice box. Kate occupied herself with a book until Andre finally came out after what seemed like hours later. 

"You didn't want in on the thrill?" he asked, laughing.

"I don't like sharing," Kate muttered.

"What?" Andre asked since he didn't understand her.

"You'd almost think you were Jack the Ripper with that sort of ritual you performed in there," Kate interjected, not even looking up from her book. He ripped it out of her hands and smiled at her.

"And who says I'm not?"  he purred. Kate playfully slapped his arm.

"How could you not tell me?" she whined.

"A man likes to be mysterious," he whispered.

"No more secrets, Jack."