Cheater

Kate ran through the Mikaelson yard, but tripped over something, sending her to the ground. She groaned and looked behind her, but their was nothing there. Kate was confused, until she heard laughing coming from in front of her. She snapped her head forward to see Kol on the front porch, leaning against the door.

"I win!" he called. Kate brushed herself off and stormed up to the porch.

"No fair! You cheated!" she accused. Kol put on a mock innocent look.

"Now, how did I do that?"

"You tripped me!"

"I would never-" Kate playfully hit Kol, interrupting him. He laughed. "Even if I did, it wouldn't be considered cheating. The only rules were whoever gets to the door first wins." Kate blew a stray piece of her out of her face.

"You know it's cheating Kol!" she whined. Kol laughed at her some more before Kate got an idea. "I won't do it," she said firmly, crossing her arms. Kol's grin fell.

"We had a deal-"

"You didn't play fair, so the deal's off," she stated, not moving. 

"Kate, I'm begging you! Please do it," he pleaded, giving his best pout. Kate couldn't hide her grin.

"I'll think about it, if...."

"If?"

"If you admit that you cheated and promise to never do it again," she explained. Kol mulled it over, but one look at her made him cave.

"Okay, I tripped you, and, yes that was cheating. I apologize and promise never to do it again," he apologized. Kate grinned ear to ear, causing a similar effect on Kol. She leaned in and kissed his cheek. 

"Thank you," she whispered. Kate then turned on her heel to go uphold her part of the deal. 

Kate strolled into the large bedroom and frowned at the mess. Honestly, Rebekah could be a major slob sometimes. Kate plastered on her best fake smile and plopped down next to Rebekah on the bed. "What are you up to?" she asked nonchalantly. Rebekah looked up from the book she was reading and studied Kate. After agonizing silence, she finally spoke.

"What do you want?" Rebekah asked accusingly. Kate put on an expression of mock hurt.

"Can't a girl come see how one of her best friends is doing without being accused of having selfish motivation of doing so?"

"Yes, but you can't. Just tell me what you want, Kate," Rebekah said in an annoyed tone. Kate bi her lip in nervousness.

"Can you please cover for me and Kol-"

"No."

"Rebekah!" Kate whined.

"No, Kate. If you and Kol want to pursue whatever thing you have, you need to be out in the open. I'm not going to cover for you, again, and risk getting caught by Klaus."

"Please Rebekah! You know I wouldn't ask if I didn't really want this," Kate pouted.

"No, if you want to go out with Kol, you have two options. You can either come clean to Klaus and deal with the consequences, or you can sneak out," Rebekah said, closing her book and leaving the room.

Kate dragged herself in Kol's room and flopped onto the bed in defeat. "I take it that it didn't go well?" he inquired. Kate nodded.

"She refuses to cover for us anymore. I can't believe her, she's being completely unreasonable and-" Kol cut her off by gently placing his lips onto hers. In a brief second, though, it was over. Kate looked at him oddly. "Did you even look to see-"

"Klaus isn't home. He's going to be out until tonight. Anyways, what do you want to do about tonight, then? We could always hang out here."

"No, we're still going out," Kate stated, as if it were the most obvious thing on the planet. Kol looked at her oddly.

"Oh really? How do you suppose we do that?" he asked. Kate looked at Kol and gave him a mischievous grin.

"We sneak out." Kol stood up and pulled Kate off of the bed.

"Kate! Since when do you sneak out and break the rules?"

"Since I'm tired of not getting what I want." Kol pulled her close to him.

"I have never loved you more than this moment," he whispered before pulling her in for one of their legendary makeout sessions.