Mambo

" Lucy stop it. " I said dragging her behind me as we entered the airport. We were finally leaving the Bahamas after I let us stay three extra days. We all agreed that we wanted to stay a little more so I booked us three more days but I had to get back to work, we all did—except for Michael who had been working the mafia while here on the island. I tend to not dabble in his career.

We had fun, drinking and dancing at more clubs. It was even better with Lucy not being mad at me because I got her all to myself.

Now here we are in the airport trying to fight off the hangovers we all woke up to.

The only problem was that Lucy's fear of planes had returned. I gave the lady our tickets and she smiled at me.

" Fear of planes ? My little sister has that too. " She said batting her eyes at me as she stamped our stuff. Lucy stopped fighting against me and glared at the woman.

" I'm not his sister. " Was all she said before yanking out of my hold and going to stand by Michael who was laughing at something Claudia said.

Claudia is taking another flight to Texas I believe so she will not be joining us. We'll see her in a few weeks for Michaels birthday though.

I rolled my eyes at Lucy's behavior and thanked the lady. They announced boarding for our plane and I walked over to Lucy who was biting her lip off.

" Come on I promise there's nothing to be afraid of. Just take a nap like last time and it will be over before you know it. " I smiled at her and she gave me a shaky smile.

" Okay. " She answered slipping her hand into mine. I brought it up to my lips and kissed it as we walked to the tunnel.

" I think Claudia likes me or something. " Michael stated as he caught up to us.

" Really ? What gave it away ? The fact that she slept with you or that she took two minutes to kiss you goodbye just now ? " Lucy said smartly and Michael cut his eye at her.

" Really ? What gave it away ? " He mimicked in an annoying high pitched voice.

" I don't sound like that ! " She exclaimed trying to keep her laughter in.

" No seriously I think she really likes me. " He said and I took in his expression which was twisted into confusion.

" So ? What's the problem ? Plenty of girls like you. Hell I bet all the stewards on this plane will try and get your number. " I responded as we walked back to first class.

" I know...but it feels different. I don't know it will pass probably. " He responded and I left it at that.

We sat down, me next to Lucy like last time and Michael sat beside some model looking woman who kept starring at me.

" Mateo ? " Lucy asked as I scrolled through my personal email.

" Mmmhh ? " I asked not looking up.

" What do you want for your birthday ? " She asked and I glanced at her, she had her head tilted and big brown eyes trained on my blue green ones.

" I already have what I want. " I answered without hesitation. I shocked myself and her at my answer.

" A-and what is that ? " She stuttered. Really ? How else can I phrase this ?

" It's you Luciana. It's you. " I said and her eyes grew wide.

" B-but—" She began.

" Shhh. Shhh. Don't question it, just..." I took a deep breath searching for the right words or any words for that matter. " Just let it be. " I finished and she just leaned in to kiss my cheek.