Grayson^^^✔️

••Edited••
Played by: Luke Bilyk
~~
Layla's POV
I wake up and quickly get ready for school. I'm not a fancy person, my clothes consist of a old t-shirt and some jeans. Well I guess that's all I can afford.

I make my way down the stairs and make my father his breakfast sandwich. My father, the person that haunts my dreams. The person that makes my life h*ll.

Every morning I have to wake up before my father and make him breakfast, if I don't I receive a beating. The sandwich is pretty simple to make so I don't worry too much.

"Layla where's my sandwich" My father yells. He's awake, great! I quickly hand him his sandwich.

"Ew what is this. This tastes like crap" He yells spitting out the sandwich. Oh no, this is bad. Very bad. What did I do wrong? Did I not cook the eggs properly? Did I not toast the bread-

"Are you trying to kill me?" His voice booms interrupting my thoughts. I stare at the man with wide eyes and feel him tower over my helpless body. He pulls back his balled up fist and collides it into my stomach.

I fall to the ground and he keeps kicking me until he has to go to work.

I quickly run or try to run upstairs and put make up to cover my wounds. I can't have people knowing my secret, I wouldn't survive if they knew.

Today is my first day at a new school cause my father got a new job. I'm not excited for my new school but I can't do anything about it. I walk to school and get a fair share of stares. But I'm used to it by now, it's nothing new. Every school I go to it's the same thing over and over again. Stares, whispers, laughs.

Once entering the school, I gasp at how modern it looks. The last school I was at was equivalent to a rotten dumpster.

I walk to the office and ask for my schedule. While I am looking at my schedule I run into a tall guy. He looks down at me and I can already tell he's pissed. His eyes were cold and scared me to death.

"Watch where you're going" He huffs while hitting my books out of my hands and walking away.

Note to self: don't mess with him.

I arrive at my locker switch out some things and head to my first class.

~~

It's lunch and I'm starving. My father doesn't let me eat in the house. Something about how girls don't need it.  So I secretly eat at school. I grab a pizza slice and a ice tea. I don't want to eat too much or I could gain weight and if my father saw I gained weight I would have a really bad beating. I'm walking on eggshells with him. Every decision I make can either result in a beating or him ignoring me.

My father used to be sweet and caring but when my mom died my father turned to alcohol. When I grew up I resembled my mother and he has been beating me ever since. I get beaten in the morning, after school, after dinner. And I have to make all the meals, clean the house and have a job.

Even though my father has a job it's not enough because he spends the money on alcohol. So I sneak out at night and work for a small shop down the street. When we moved, it wasn't too far so I still have the same job as before.

I eat my lunch and almost die. It's so good, the pizza is so soft and cheesy and the iced tea is so cold and refreshing. It's definitely been awhile since I've had something this good. Once finished, I head to class. I take a seat and the class starts.

"Okay, class you will be in partners for an after school project. That's right! No class time to work on these projects" My teacher says. The whole class groans at the thought of them giving up their precious time after school to get this stupid project done.

Grand I don't have time to work on a project. I have an hour before my father gets home from work and in that hour I clean the house and make dinner if I don't I will get a massive beating. What should I do?

The teacher started listing out names and I get paired with a guy named Grayson. I wonder who Grayson is. Just then I see the same boy I ran into in the hall walk to my desk. Great.

"Are you Layla?" He asks. He looks down at me with a bored look on his face. At least he isn't angry.

"Yeah" I reply shyly. I look down and avoid eye contact with him. His eyes are the prettiest of blue and are so intimidating.

"Okay, Do you want to meet up after school at my house so we can work on the project?" He asks me and I finally look back up at him.

"Um sure but just for a little bit" I answer him. He nods his head at my reply and looks away, bored out of his mind.

*after school*

I leave the school and see Grayson on his phone leaning against his car. He looks up to see me and waves me over. I rush over to him and we hop into his nice car.

We head to his house and he invites me inside. We head upstairs and walk into his room. We lay out the project silently and get to work. No one talks and I'm almost kind of glad.

After 30 minutes of working on the project, Grayson decides to speak up.

"So I want to know more about you, where did you move from?" He asks genially wanting to know more about me. I freeze and my racing pencil stops mid page.

Oh no I can't talk about anything like that cause if my father knew I would be dead. I can never talk about personal information. Nothing.

I look at my watch and see that I really do have to go.

"Um I actually have to go. See you tomorrow" I say rushing out of his house and out the front door.

Once out of the house I take a deep breath of relief. Hopefully, he doesn't question me tomorrow at school. I got lucky this time. I quickly walk to my house and start to make supper.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
So how was Chapter 1? I'm constantly editing this book so please just bare with me.

And please do not comment saying my book is rushed, I know it is and the comments kind of get annoying... especially if they are hateful ones.

Vote and comment what you think!

Thanks for all your love and support.

Happy reading💞

Xoxo, Laura

Credits to theveryshycheyenne for helping me edit this chapter!!