Layla^^^✔️

Idk who this is played by sorry🙁
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•Edited•

Grayson POV
I walk out of my room to try to find Layla but she was already gone. That's odd.

I head to the kitchen and start making dinner for my sisters Abigail and Allison. The twins can be annoying sometimes but I love them and I would do anything for them.

I'm in my last year of high school and they are in grade 4. My parents died in a car crash a couple years ago and I was left to take care of them.

I finish with the dinner and call the twins.

" Abby, Alli get down here, dinner is ready" I yell out to them. I hear the soft latter of feet running above me and I smile.

I place the plates on the table and wait for the girls to come down. Abby and Alli came down and we ate together.

"Guess what?" Alli said with pasta sauce all over her mouth. I made a hand motion to wipe her mouth and she nodded taking the paper towel and wiping it off.

"What?" I question with interest.

"In school today we learned that the blue whale is the largest animal" Alli said excitedly twirling her noodles together.

"That's cool" I say finishing up my dinner. The girls finished too so I put the dirty dishes away.

Layla POV
I make supper and hand it to my father. He eats his food without a peep. He then proceeds to beat me like he always does. A few punches to the gut, a kick in the side and a slap to the face. After all that, he grumbles off to bed.

I quickly clean the house and walk to my room and wait till my father is asleep.
My shift starts soon so I should probably get going. Once he's asleep I jump out of my window and jog to the little shop I work at. It's a cute corner store that pays enough money that I'd need.

"Hey Katie" I say walking into the shop. Katie is in her late 30's and she is my only friend. She's super sweet and I look up to her in many ways. She's like a mother I've never had.

"Hey Layla, the boss wants to meet you in the office" She says sadly. What is that supposed to mean? I've been working here for awhile and I've never been called into the office.

"Thanks" I walk to the back and enter the boss's office. My nerves go crazy. What if he's firing me?

"Hey. Katie said you wanted to see me?" I say slowly unsure if what she told me was correct. He nods his head and looks up to me. He was a big man, tall and broad. His hairline had receded quite a bit but he made up for it with his well groomed brown with grey streaked beard.

"Yes sit down." I listen to him a take a seat.

"You have done an excellent job here but business has slowed down and we don't need you anymore" He says giving me a small smile. He pulls out an envelope from his desk and placed it on his desk in front of him.

"But I really need this job" I beg. He doesn't understand, no job equals no money, no money equals me getting beat up.

"I'm sorry but I have to say goodbye, here's your final paycheque" He says handing over the money filled envelope. At least I get my final paycheque.

"Thanks" I mumble as I walk out of the office. My shoulders sag down and I sigh.

A few tears roll down my face. If I don't have money to pay for my fathers food and bills my father will take his anger out on me. I really need the money. Katie sends me a apologetic smile as I go to leave the shop. I wave a final goodbye to her and make my way out into the dark street.

I start my walk home when I run into Grayson. Just my luck.

"Hey. What are you doing out so late?" Grayson questions his eyebrow furrowing in confusion. I look up and push passed Grayson.

"You okay?" Grayson asks catching up to me and walking with me.

"Just wonderful" I say sarcastically.

"Please just leave me alone" I say before disappearing into the darkness. Grayson's footsteps stop and watch me as I disappear.

Grayson POV
What is Layla doing out on the streets at 1:00 in the morning? Well I guess you could ask the same thing to me. I work at a car work shop and I have a really late shift today. There's so many things I want to know about her and I'm determined to find out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys so how do you like it. I really didn't mean to publish this book yet but here I am publishing another chapter. Plz Vote and comment what you think bye😋😋

Credits to theveryshycheyenne for helping me edit this chapter!!