Chapter 6✔️

•Edited•
Layla POV
I get home and make my father dinner. I decided to cook one chicken breast and one bowl of rice. We are running low on food and I really need to find another job.

" where's all our food going" my father ask walking into the kitchen. His eyes wanders to the cupboards then the fridge and lastly to me.

" have you been eating it" he yells his face getting red with anger.

" N-no" I stutter. My hands begin to shake and my bottom lip trembles slightly.

" you have. You little pig." He yells grabbing a knife from the counter and cutting me.

He grabs a spoon and hits me with it. Hit after hit till He finally stops and goes to the living room with his meal.

I make my way up the stairs slowly. My arms are bleeding and my legs and back hurt from being hit. I crawl into my room to see Grayson at my window. He sees me and climbs in to help me.

" are you ok" he asks. He looks like he wants to touch me but is afraid he'll break me even more.

I give him the do you think I'm ok look.

" of course your not lets get you fixed" he says picking me up and putting me on the bathroom counter. He gently wraps my arms in bandages and looks sadly at me.

" I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner" he says.

" it's ok it happens every night but today it was worse. He usually just hits or kicks but today there was a lot more anger" I say looking down at my new bandages.

" I'll come every night at this time and I'll help you take care of your wounds" he says kissing my cheek. He's been doing that a lot lately but I don't really mind. It's comforting.

" do you have a phone?" he asks.

" um no " I shake my head.

" ok how about this. I get you a phone and you can call me and text me if there's an emergency. But you have to hide it from your father" he suggested. I think it over. If I get caught I'm dead but if I'm in trouble he could save me. But I also don't want to rely on him too much, because at some point he won't be here anymore and I'll be all alone.

" ok" I say finally making up my mind.

" I'll bring it tomorrow" He says grinning a little.

" thanks" I say. I'm starting to feel something towards him but I can't. I don't want to hurt him. And I don't want to hurt myself, he's not going to be here forever and I'll be all alone when he decides to leave.

"Layla" my father yells coming up the stairs. Oh shoot!

I quickly shove Grayson in my closet and my Father comes in.

" you are a fat little brat. You disappoint me. You think you can go do things. You can't. All your good at is being a servant. That's all your ever going to be. Someone's stupid servant. I can't wait till the day they take you away. Your a waste of time money and energy and you eat all the food. Now I have to go buy more and I don't have the money to to that" he says kicking me and walking away. I quickly open my closet to see an angry Grayson. All I can think about is Who's taking me away?

Grayson POV
How dare he call her that. She has to put up with that everyday. The worse part was that I was stuck in the closet watching and couldn't help.

" you ok" I ask her.

" yeah you should go, I'll see you at school" she says shoving me towards the window. But I don't want to go, I want to make sure she's safe.

" ok stay safe" I say kissing her Cheek. I climb out and walk back home.

Layla POV
I arrive at school and get lots of stares. I look down and walk to my locker. I get to my locker to see Grayson.

" hey Layla" Grayson says

" hi" I say opening my locker and grabbing my books.

" here's your phone, my contact is already in there" he says handing over the phone. It's nothing special, just a cheap one you can get at a corner store.

" thanks" I say putting my phone away.

" hey Layla" Aiden says coming up to me.

" uh.." I stutter. Grayson notices and stands in front of me.

" leave us alone" Grayson growls.

" but she likes me" Aiden smirks.

" I don't like him" I whisper to Grayson.

"I'm scared of him" I whisper again.

" leave now" Grayson says. Grayson was very angry towards Aiden. Like they've known each other for awhile and their hatred goes way back.

" fine. See you later sweetheart" he says smirking and winking at me. I shiver in disgust.

" you need to stay far away from him he's trouble" Grayson says brushing my cheek. I nod my head.

" he had to come over at my house and he tried to kiss me." I shiver. " he's a creep" I add

" yeah I know just stay away. I'll protect you" he says sweetly.

"I'll see you later" I say walking to class.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
I have sooo many ideas but don't know how to fit them in. So sorry if they are crappy chapters😊. Don't forget to Vote and comment what you think. Bye😋😋