Chapter 3

"Man, this is such a drag." Shikamaru complained, following his sister with his hands behind his head. Kanoko just continued to walk down the street, eyes focused on the path ahead. Kanoko couldn't say she was any more excited than her brother. What could she possibly learn that she didn't already know? In her prime, she created a number of jutsus that are now considered forbidden, had aided her brother in the creation of this village, and knew a world before peace. Compared to that, the academy was going to be the easiest thing she has ever done, outside of breathing. However, that doesn't mean she will moan about it out loud. She had too much pride for that.

As they continued to walk towards the academy, Kanoko took a moment to observe the village. Much of it was as she remembers in her previous life. Civilians and ninjas alike walked around the town, gathering at certain stands, laughing or conversing peacefully. The places and people may have changed, but she could still feel the warm and peaceful energy from when her brother still roamed these roads. It was hard to imagine that these streets were once a battlefield, but she would always remember.

"Looks like we're here. *sigh* It's troublesome, but I guess we don't have a choice."

Kanoko looked back at her brother as he spoke, then forward and realized he was correct. Huh, she doesn't remember the trip here. Kanoko berated herself for loosing sense of her surroundings before following her brother into the academy.

After they found the classroom they would be in, Shikamaru plopped down at the nearest desk and put his head down for a small nap.

"Maybe if I sit as far away as possible, people will think we aren't closely related." Kanoko thought as she made her way to the back of the classroom. When she sat down, she took an opportunity to look at the children in the room. "Fairly large with face markings, likely an Akimichi. Glasses and lots of clothes, Aburame. Pink hair? Odd. Long hair with pupil-less blue eyes, my best guess is Yamanaka. Pale eyes, Hyuuga." Kanoko moved around in her seat to get a better look at some of the other children. "There aren't as many clan children here as I expected. Perhaps the clans have changed overtime and I can no longer recognize the signs of each clan." Kanoko continued to observe the occupants in the room with curious eyes.

"Ok class! Take your seats. Come on now. I SAID TAKE YOUR SEATS!" Shouted a tall brown hair man with a spiky ponytail. Everyone quickly ran to the nearest seat and looked up at the teacher silently.

"Good. Ok, so I want you all to introduce yourself. We will start at this end and go around the room. Just your name and one fact about yourself. I'll start. My name is Umino Iruka and this is my first year teaching. Now next!" He said with a big smile before motioning to the kid at the front.

"Why would you tell us that this is your first year teaching? Now I have even less faith in learning anything useful." Kanoko thought as the first kid introduced himself. She had a frown on her face, thinking about her depressing future before suddenly getting poked in the side. She barely turned her head as she glared at the person doing the poking. It was the weird pink haired girl from before. Kanoko stared at her until she finally whispered, "What?"

"Umm. Do you think we should be worried?" She shyly asked while avoiding eye contact.

Kanoko raised an eyebrow, "About what?" The girl then pointed at a window behind and to the right of Iruka-sensei. A blob of yellow and orange was making its way through the window rather clumsy. After making it through without much noise, the boy looked at the teacher and snickered with his hand over his mouth before trying to sneak around.

"Idiot." Is all Kanoko said before closing her eyes, trying to convince herself that she wasn't in a classroom full of little kids. This was going to be a long couple of years...

"YOU! Did you honestly think you could sneak past me?!" Iruka-sensei yelled at the boy when he tripped over an eraser and ran into the teacher's desk.

"Oh come on! This class was impossible to find and I'm barely even late! Give me a break!" Yelled the boy as he pouted before running to a seat with a large grin on his face.

"Fine! Then you're next! Name and a fact about yourself, other than you inability to arrive on time!" The teacher was red in the face and you could tell he was trying to calm himself. As he said, it was his first year teaching and he wasn't quite used to troublemakers yet.

"What is inability? Did you just make fun of me?!" The boy asked with a frown stand up and leaning on the desk in front of him.

"No, just forget it. Now tell us your name and something about you already!"

The boy sat back down with his arms crossed. "Fine!" He then broke out in a grin and yelled, "My name is Uzumaki Naruto and I'm going to be the Hokage!"

A chorus of groans and "not uhh"s started.

"I am too! Just you all watch! Believe it!" He yelled back, jumping up onto the desk behind him, getting in the personal space of a black hair boy.

"SIT DOWN NARUTO!" Iruka-sensei screamed while pulling him back into his chair.

"NOW, let's continue on with our introductions. And no irrupting from anyone!" He finished with a pointed look to the class.

Kanoko zoned out again, not bothering to listen to any of the kids. It wasn't important anyways. Soon, she would pass the requirements and start her career as a ninja. Again. None of these children meant anything to her nor would they matter to her in the future.

Kanoko then saw her brother get up.

"My name is Nara Shikamaru and that girl is my sister." He stated in a bored tone pointing at Kanoko.

"That little!" Kanoko thought grinding her teeth. So much for pretending she didn't know him.

They continued the introduction until it got to Kanoko. She stood up and started, "My name is Nara Kanoko and I..." Kanoko stopped for a second, trying to think about something to say, "...and I was once known as Senju Tobirama, the second Hokage, younger brother to Senju Hashirama, and I died many years ago, only to be reincarnated into the body of a girl, whose family consists of an aloof and lazy father, an equally lazy and irritating brother, and a possibly insane mother who likes to yell. I still can't form chakra the way I want to or used to and it is driving me insane. I can't tell anyone that I'm Tobirama because I'll either be killed, laughed at, sent to the insane asylum, or other horrible things. So, here I am, stuck introducing myself to a bunch of infants who have no idea what I'm talking about..."

Kanoko shut her eyes and thought, "Yeah, that won't go over well." She looked over to her brother, stretching her mind for an idea and went with the first thing that popped in her head.

"And I don't like pineapples."

Shikamaru just gave her a blank stare back before drifting off to sleep again.

Kanoko could already tell that this was going to be the best four years of her life.

.

.

.

Not.