Chapter 32

.

.

"Clever boys."

.

Shikamaru focused ahead while Sasuke turned around. Sasuke narrowed his eyes, not sure who this blonde woman was, but knowing that she was trouble.

Asami stepped over to where Naruto laid on his back, floating lightly in the water.

Sasuke cursed at himself. He should have grabbed Naruto, instead of just turning him over and then attacking.

Asami smirked at Shikamaru, "You're quick and clever – I'll give you that, but unfortunately..." Asami placed a hand over Naruto's stomach – sending chakra directing into his system, "Unfortunately for you... my need for revenge is stronger than your will to survive."

Sasuke and Shikamaru watched as Naruto's bright blue eyes turned cold and demonic. Orange chakra spun around Naruto, with a single chakra tail forming from his body.

Shikamaru gulped at the sight.

"Kanoko... Where are you? We need you..."

.

.

Asami looked down at the Jinchuuriki, "It's too bad I can't just take over the boy and use the demon fox's power... I'll just have to settle on a rather powerful genjutsu."

.

.

0000000000000000000000000000000

.

"Hahaha! I got you good!!" Naruto laughed at a drenched Kanoko.

Kanoko's eyes were slightly wide in shock as the ice cold water dumped over her head traveling down her back. Several adults passing by stopped to stare while some continued walking – a giggle escaping from their mouths.

Kanoko felt like a drenched cat as water from her clothes dripped into the grocery bags she was carrying. A small giggle was heard behind her. Shikamaru quickly cut off his chuckling with a cough when Kanoko's blazing eyes locked onto his form.

Kanoko wiped the water off her face and glared harshly down at Naruto's laughing form. Dark chakra poured from her body, scaring the people nearby, before Kanoko forced her body to relax.

She stared coldly at Naruto, causing his laughter to die down.

"...How juvenile."

And with that, Kanoko walked around Naruto – continuing down her path as if nothing happened.

.

Naruto gritted his teeth – his fist tightening angrily.

.

.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

.

"Ok class, find yourself a partner! We are going to be working on offensive and defensive taijutsu techniques today!" Iruka'sensei told them. He rested his hands on his hips with a smile on his face as he watched his class drag their feet over to their best friend or someone they knew.

Kanoko looked around the room and locked eyes with Uchiha Sasuke. She didn't like working with the Uchiha for many reasons, but he was the only one in the class that came close to matching her level.