Chapter 24

Kanoko frowned at the people on the street as they passed. She was currently leaning against the side of a building, with her arms crossed. As each second passed, she felt her long lasting patience dwindle to nothing.

"What is taking him so long?" Kanoko thought, turning her head to the door of the men's bathroom. She knew Naruto was still in there, she could sense his presence. It hadn't flickered at all and no one had gone in there since.

...And Jiraiya was in there with him. Surely nothing has happened?

Kanoko huffed, glaring at the passing crowd again, "The idiot probably ate something bad again... When is he going to learn?" Kanoko's eye twitched, "If I'm not at home dealing with my infant of a brother (and father), then I'm on Naruto duty... I should have brought Sakura with me." After many "Naruto" incidents, Kanoko and Sakura worked out a fair and impartial system for selecting the one in charge of Naruto that day: Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Children with their parents and adults wandering around passed by her for several more minutes. Some ventured into the bathroom she was leaning against and after the third father with their child came out, Kanoko stopped them.

"Excuse me. I am waiting for my brother, can you tell me if he's ok?" Kanoko gave him the "lost child" look, making him sigh and leave his son with her while he went back in to check. When he came out Kanoko raised an eyebrow. The man scratched the back of his head, "...No one was in there."

.

.

.

Kanoko stared blankly at him, "...Excuse me?"

The man just grabbed his son's hand before answering her, "I'm sorry, but it looks like your brother left you..."

.

Kanoko's eye twitched dangerously.

.

.

.

*SMASH*

Kanoko slammed her fist into the wall next to her, causing it to crack under the pressure. The man and his son quickly ran away as Kanoko's aura turned dark.

"Ha. Ha. HA." Kanoko started laughing in a dark and broken voice before fire rose up behind her.

Flashback

Jiraiya stood up, stretching out as he did, "To be honest, I was going to dump you off in the next town – skate out with Naruto while I had the chance, but..." Jiraiya looked Kanoko in the eyes and gave her a smirk, "I'm starting to like you, so I guess I'll keep you around."

"As if you could lose me." Kanoko thought, before turning to the door again.

End Flashback

"You're dead. I don't care if you're my student's student." Kanoko start stomping away, causing the ground to shake as she moved, "...You. Are. Dead."

0000000000000000000000000000000000

Kanoko stomped on top of the roof of one of the taller buildings in this town. She gritted her teeth, "I should have never let him know about my sensing skills." She thought, irritated at herself and how long it was taking her to find Naruto and Jiraiya.

Jiraiya, understanding the skills of a good sensor, placed a number of active seals throughout the town and surrounding forest (even on some of the birds in the air – that was awesome). These seals had Naruto's and Jiraiya's chakra – confusing her senses. To top of off, Jiraiya was probably concealing their chakra signatures, which was normally not an issue for Kanoko, but with all these distractions and seals, it was like finding the smallest needle in a needle stack...