Chapter 11

Kanoko stood tall with her arms crossed staring down at Naruto and Sakura.

Of course, the strong image was ruined by the several bandages on her face. After all, it had only been a day since they officially became genin, but Kanoko wanted to get started right away.

"Ok. Since we are officially a team, we need to know more about each other's skills. I'll go first." Kanoko ran through a series of hand signs before her shadow started to move.

"This is the Shadow Possession Jutsu. Shadow manipulation is what the Nara Clan's base many of their jutsus off of." Kanoko released her rat seal. "To be honest, you won't see me use that jutsu unless absolutely necessary. It is very draining to my chakra and only gets weaker the longer I hold a person."

Kanoko reached behind her to grab her sword. She swung it out, "My kenjutsu skills are strongest of all my assault abilities right now." She took a few different stances with her sword to demonstrate.

Putting her sword away, she opening her kunai pouch and pulled out a scroll. She held it out, "I also have measurable skills in fuinjutsu. Sakura, if you need storage or explosive seals, please let me know and I would be willing to provide you such."

Sakura just nodded before Naruto jumped up yelling, "Hey! How come you'll give Sakura-chan your secret scrolls, but not me?!"

Kanoko's eye twitched before saying, "You can make your own scrolls. I only offered them to Sakura because she is on my team and likely doesn't have any fuinjutsu skills."

"What is this fuinjutsu you keep talking about?! I don't remember hearing about it in the academy!" Naruto said with his eyes narrowed and his arms crossed.

"Idiot! That's because you skipped class like you always do!" Sakura yelled at Naruto, "Fuinjutsu is a type of jutsu that seal objects, living beings, chakra, along with a wide variety of other things within another object. Fūinjutsu can also be used to restrict movement or unseal objects either from within something or someone." Sakura finished, as if she read it straight out of the book.

Naruto still looked confused. Kanoko sighed, "You really don't know what fuinjutsu is? What kind of Uzumaki are you?", muttering the last part.

Naruto looked mad and was about yell when Sakura interrupted him, "What do you mean, "What kind of Uzumaki is he"?"

"... I don't like where this is going..." Kanoko thought before answering. "The Uzumaki is a clan known for its proficiency in the art of sealing. They were also known for their vitality: large chakra reserves."

Naruto stared at Kanoko in wonder before asking softly, "I have a clan?"

Kanoko shifted nervously before looking away, "I'm not sure... Their village was very far from here and I haven't heard anyone speak of them."

Sakura was trying to add up the facts in her head, "Then... how do you know so much about them?"

Kanoko didn't look at either of them, "I... ...read things." Kanoko said lamely before stating loudly, "Naruto! Let's see what you can do!"

"Huh?" Naruto asked, being interrupted from his thoughts.

"Ninjutsu, taijutsu, and I won't even bother asking about your genjutsu skills." Kanoko said flatly.

Naruto stood up quickly with a grin before shouting, "Haha! I'll show you my great and awesome jutsus! First Shadow Clone Jutsu!" And with that, at least 30 Naruto copies popped out of thin air.

Kanoko just stared bewildered before walking up to a clone and poking it. It didn't pop.

It was solid.