Chapter 8.

When lunchtime came, Isla and I were sitting by our usual spot under the tree again. We were sitting across from each other and enjoying our meal.

That is, until Ryder and Blake decided to join us.

Ryder sat down next to me while Blake sat next to Isla. I saw her blush slightly and hide her face with her hair.

"What do you want?" I asked them as I bit into my sandwich.

"Can't we just sit here at lunch and enjoy the company of our two favorite people?" Ryder asked as he slung his arm around my shoulders.

"No," I said and took his arm off my shoulders.

He rolled his eyes and took my sandwich out of my hands. Before I could complain, he took a bite.

"Hey! That's mine!"

I tried to take it back but he held it out of my reach.

"If you want it, you have to come and get it," he told me and smirked.

Not feeling like standing up or climbing over him, I glared at him and pouted.

"That was my sandwich," I mumbled.

My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw Ryder finish it. "And it was good too," he added.

The nerve of this boy.

"Can I see your phone?" he asked me and held out his hand.

"Why?"

"Because I told you this morning that I would come find you at lunch so that we can exchange numbers," he reminded me. "Or did you already forget? Did that water wash away your memory?" he teased.

I scowled at him and handed him my phone. In return, he gave me his and I started putting my number in. I saw him take a picture of himself.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Putting in a picture of me for my contact."

I put my contact name as 'awesomest person ever' and handed him back his phone and he gave me mine.

I noticed that he put his contact name as 'sexiest guy ever'. However, he didn't have a picture like he said he would.

I closed my contacts app and saw that he changed my backround to himself. He was smiling and sticking out his tongue.

Not gonna lie, he kind of looked adorable.

"Your welcome," he said when he noticed that I saw my new backround.

"Yeah, okay."

____________________

I was laying in bed and trying to sleep.

After I got home, I had to think of an excuse for Dylan as to why I was walking around in volleyball shorts.

I told him that I was talking to Isla and didn't see the fountain so I tripped and fell in. He didn't seem convinced but didn't question it any further.

I was laying on top of my covers and staring out of the window at the moon. It shone through the window and illuminated my room with its shimmer.

Suddenly my phone 'dings' and I looked to see who texted me.

'Sexiest guy ever'.

'You wanna meet up tomorrow for the project?'

'You do know that it's almost 12, right? You couldn't think of a better time to do this???'