Chapter 18.

I woke up to the alarm of my phone. I must have forgotten to turn it off.

I reached over to the nightstand and felt around for my phone, to tired to open my eyes. I managed to turn off the alarm and then turned onto my other side. Then I noticed that Ryder had his arm wrapped around my waist and I was pulled tightly against him.

Slowly, I tried to get his arm off of me without waking him up.

"No," he mumbled into the pillow and kept his hold.

I huffed and looked at my phone to check the time.

8:14am.

We had about 45 minutes until we needed to be downstairs and ready to practice.

I turned off my phone and sunk back into the bed. I just lay there awake, wondering how to wake Ryder up. I know!

I turned to him and poked his cheek with my finger, making sure he's deep asleep again. Once I'm sure he's completely unconscious I lifted up his arm and got out of his grasp. Then, I tip toed into the bathroom. I took one of the glasses that they had in there and filled it up with ice cold water.

I think you know where I'm going with this.

I walked out of the bathroom and stood in front of Ryder. I nudged his shoulder but he only mumbled something incoherent before staying still.

"Ryder, you have to get up," I told him.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, keeping his eyes shut.

"I'm gonna have to find a way to wake you up," I said.

He yawned and snuggled the pillow. "I'd like to see you try."

"Alright then."

I tipped the glass and the cold water splashed onto Ryder. He gasped and sat up. Slowly, he turned his head to look at me. He had a murderous look on his face.

"You did not just do that," he said and chuckled humourlessly.

Honestly, he was frightening me just a little. But I couldn't let him know that.

"I told you I'd find a way to wake you up," I told him confidently.

He glared at me and I took a cautious step back. "Umm..." I gulped. "We have to get ready," I reminded him.

"Well then let's get ready."

"Okay.." I said warily. I didn't believe that he was just going to let this go. "I'm taking the bathroom first," I told him. I grabbed some clothes and started to walk to the bathroom.

"Oh, I don't think so."

Ryder picked me up by my waist and threw me on the bed.

I let out a yelp as I landed on the bed. "Hey! What was that?!"

"I'm going into the bathroom first," he said and grabbed some clothes.

I got off the bed and ran to the bathroom. I was almost inside when Ryder grabbed one of my arms. I dropped my clothes and held onto the doorframe tightly.

"No! Ryder, let me go," I whined. "I'm not even gonna take that long. We're waisting precious time right now."

"Exactly. So just let me go in first," he said.

"Ryder if you don't let me go I will hurt you," I warned.

"I don't believe you."

"You always underestimate me," I said and shook my head disapprovingly. I kicked his crotch and he let go of me and fell to the ground, clutching his crotch.