Chapter 14.

Just wanted to say thank you so much for 1k reads! I love you guys so much!

____________________

I woke up to the sound of a soft snoring.

I yawned and tried to sit up but realised that someone had their arm draped around my waist and was holding me securely.

My thoughts trace back to yesterday. Ryder had come to my house soaking wet and cut. I let him shower and cleaned his cut. Then I told him to get some sleep and he refused until I said I'd lay down with him. And now here we were.

I focused on his stable breathing. His warm breath hit my cheek and I felt myself relax at his touch.

He looked so peaceful sleeping. As if there was not a worry in the world. He looked at ease and relaxed. His lips were lightly parted and his hair messily hanging over his forehead in a cute way. I had the sudden urge to brush it away.

I tried to stop myself. I still didn't know what to think about the whole Ashlin thing. I know I had to ask him sooner or later about it.

I discarded my thoughts and reached up my hand to softly brush his hair away from his eyes. I ran my fingertips over his heeling cheekbone and soft lips.

How I missed them on mine. I looked back up to his closed eyes so that I wouldn't think about how much I wanted to kiss him.

His eyes fluttered open and he yawned like a cute puppy.

"Morning," he muttered with a husky voice.

I felt my heart going crazy in my chest at the sound of his morning voice. It was really hot. I gulped and recomposed myself.

"Morning," I said softly.

I watched him snuggle one of my pillows while still keeping his arm around me. Then I remembered what I had planned today and tried to get out of his hold.

"No,stay," he mumbled, half-asleep again.

"Ryder..." I drifted off. My voice was filled with uncertainty.

He noticed and opened his eyes fully. He seemed more awake.

"What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath and licked my dry lips. I saw Ryder's eyes move down to them. No! Kennedy! You were not suppose to be turning him on right now!

I shook my head and smiled weakly at him. "Nevermind," I said while getting up and grabbing some clothes. "I'm going to shower in Dylan's room. You can shower here if you want to. Your clothes should be dry by now."

I saw Ryder watching me closely out of the corner of my eye so I left quickly and walked to Dylan's room. I stripped out of my clothes and turned on the shower, letting the hot water run down my body. I tried to let the water calm me and wash way my stress but it was only working very slightly.

I was nervous about addressing the topic. How would he react? What would happen with us? Is there even an us?

Once I finished showering I put on some shorts and a loose top. I walked back to my room to put my other clothes away. Ryder wasn't in my room and the bathroom door was open so I'm guessing he was already downstairs.

When I was walking down the stairs, the smell of pancakes drifted around the house. Immediately my stomach grumbled. I made my way into the kitchen and saw Ryder flipping a pancake by the stove.

Where did he get pancake mix?

I watched him intently before he turned around and saw me watching. I looked away and took a seat by the island.