Chapter 12.

I want to give a huge thank you to @MySecretDiary16 for the amazing cover!! I love it to so much and am really grateful for it. I think it fits perfectly to the story and am even more excited to write it now.

___________________

I drove onto Isla's street and parked near her house because there were already a couple of cars in the driveway.

I got out and locked the car before walking to the door. Before I could knock the door opened and a guy stood in front of me. I would guess that he was about 17 or 18. So as old as me.

He looked me up and down and smirked. "Well what do we have here?"

Before I could respond, I saw Isla shoving past the guy.

"Levi, leave her alone."

She gave me a hug and led me inside. We walked to her kitchen and I saw a few adults. Some were helping with the food while others just talked. Isla pulled me to a woman who was checking on something in the oven.

She had almost as blond hair as Isla so I'm guessing it was her mom.

"Mom," Isla said, confirming my guess.

The woman stood up and turned around to us.

"Yes?"

"This is Kennedy," she said and looked at me.

"So you're my daughters friend. It's so great to finally meet you," she cheerily said and gave me a big smile.

"It's nice to meet you too," I held out my hand but she engulfed me in a big hug. I tried not to let on that I couldn't breathe but when she let me go I was thankful for the air that filled my lungs again. Okay...maybe I'm overreacting a little bit.

"Why don't you go the the game room until dinner's done," Isla's mom suggested and turned back to the food.

"Yeah, let's go."

We walked down the hall and entered a lounge/game room. There was a big couch up against one wall and an entertainment stand with a TV and a play station up against another wall.

There were 5 other kids in here who ranged from the age of 6 to 17. There were two girls, about 6 and 8 years old playing with dolls in a corner. The other three were all guys. Two of them looked close to my age, so about 17 or 18 and the other boy was about 14. They were playing some video game and not paying attention to us.

Isla walked up to the console and paused the game. The boys groaned in protest but Isla shut them up with a look.

"Guys, I want you to meet--"

"Kennedy?"

I looked over to see who called my name and I saw Luke standing up from the couch.

"Luke?"

"You guys know each other?" Isla asked, full of curiosity.

"Uh, yeah. We ran into each other in the mall. Literally," Luke answered.

The guy from before, Levi, stood up and walked towards me. He stopped in front of me and held out his hand.

"I believe we haven't had the chance to officially introduce ourselves. Levi Brooks. Not related to any of these weirdoes but best friends with Luke."

He smirked at me and I hesitantly shook his hand.

"Kennedy Andrews. Isla's best friend," I told him and drew my hand back.