Chapter 28.

"Swear to god! They were all so mad about it!" Mike explained while laughing.

The whole team was sitting in the cafeteria and eating lunch. Instead of going outside like we usually did, Ryder, Isla, Blake and I decided to sit with the team to 'celebrate' the win.

All the boys were really into the conversation but from the corner of my eye, I could see Blake reaching down his hand under the table and holding Isla's. She started to blush but couldn't help the small smile on her face.

I also smiled at their cuteness.

Then, someone behind us cleared their throat loudly and we all turned around to see who it was.

Standing in front of us was Ashlin and her little group of friends.

"Hello, Ryder," she said and batted her eyes at him in a flirty way.

The team snickered while Ryder rolled his eyes. "Yes, Ashlin?"

"Oh, I just wanted to know when you want to hook--meet up again," she replied and tried to send him a seductive look but failed miserably.

I started to laugh at her failed attempt of turning Ryder on but covered it up with a cough when she shot me a dirty look.

"Well?"

"Ashlin. I'm only saying this once more. I am not interested in you. Never have been, never will. Go find someone else to prey on," Ryder said and continued to eat his lunch.

"So you'll call me?"

He groaned and stopped eating to turn back around. "You see this?" he asked and picked up my hand, holding it up and showing that we were holding hands. "I have a girlfriend. You might like to cheat on your boyfriends but I'm not that type."

Ashlin scoffed. "That's your "girlfriend" ," she asked. Making quotation marks around the word 'girlfriend' with her fingers.

"Unless you know another name for it," Ryder replied.

The whole time I was just eating my fries and watching this go on. What? I was hungry. And I was not going to let this clingy toddler keep me from eating my lunch. Yes, I love food. Deal with it.

Ashlin glared at me and then looked back to Ryder. "So you left her for me?"

"Ashlin!" he groaned. "I didn't leave you. We were never together! Get that through your thick skull!"

She looked like she was gonna blow. If we were in a cartoon she would have a face as red as a tomato and steam coming out of her ears.

She stomped over to where I was sitting and took my fries from me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

But before I could finish complaining she dumped the fries, including ketchup, on my head.

I gasped and slowly look up at her face. Ashlin looked at me with a smirk. In return, I scowled at her and stood up to be face to face with her.

"Oh you did not just do that," I drew out.

"What are you gonna do about it, slut?" Ashlin asked.

Before she even knew what was happening, I grabbed one of the guy's soda cups and dumped the rest of the soda that was in there over her head.

She stood there, drenched in coke.

"My new shirt!" she shrieked. "You ruined it!"

"Oh honey, I didn't ruin it," I replied.

I got the plate where once buffalo wings had been on and smeared the left over sauce across her shirt.

"Now I ruined it."