Chapter 24.

Ryder and I exchanged wary looks.

Something was definitely going on. From what Ryder had told me, Nick wasn't one to congratulate the other team without any strings attached. I just wish I knew what would happen.

"Ryder! Come here," Nick called and waved him over while sending us a big smile.

Most people looked pretty clueless so I'm guessing not everyone was informed as to what was going on. But a few guys were either smirking or smiling wickedly.

Ryder let go of my hand that he had been holding and walked through the crowd of people to where Nick was standing on top of the table.

Nick held out a hand and pulled Ryder up.

"Everyone, the captain of the winning team!" he called and held up Ryder's arm.

Everybody started clapping and hollering.

I'm sure you could guess that the loudest ones were our own team.

In the corner, I saw a few people walking along the wall to the back of the room until I couldn't see them anymore because I was facing away from them.

I caught Ryder's eyes and sent him a quizzed look.

He shrugged slightly in return, telling me he didn't know what was going on either.

All of a sudden, all the lights turned off and we were standing in complete darkness. People started yelling both excitedly and scared.

You know when you were in elementary school and you had an assembly or something. And then the lights would be turned off and all of the students would start yelling? Yeah, that's pretty much what it was like.

I turned and looked around. Even though it was pretty useless because it was pitch black.

Had no one thought of the idea to pull out their cell phone?

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me back. These arms were definitely not Ryder's. They were much broader.

I tried to scream but the person's hand clamped over my mouth, muffling my scream.

I kicked and scratched at the person's arms and legs but he didn't seem fazed. The person dragged me through the room and opened a door.

How did no one hear a person being dragged through a room? They weren't all that drunk or high, right?

We got outside and I was finally able to see my hands in front of my face again.

The street lamps illuminated the streets and I saw two guys standing in front of me. They started to walk towards me with evil grins.

"Hello, gorgeous," one of them said in a british accent.

If I wasn't currently being held against my will and been in a different situation, I might have found it just a little hot.

"Can I help you?" I asked him.

"No. Sadly you can't," he replied with fake sadness. "It's really a pity I have to do this. I mean, you're such a pretty girl."

He stepped closer to me and I narrowed my eyes at him. I tried to take a step back but walked into the person still holding me.

"Oh well, I'll see you soon," the guy said.

Before I could ask him what he was talking about, I felt something hit the back of my head and then, just like before, complete darkness.

_____________________