The News

Kara flew through her open window into her apartment. She didn't see Mon-El. Where is he?, she wondered, He should be here by now. Just as she thought that she heard a knock on the door. Using her X-Ray vision she scanned the door. Seeing Alex, Kara went to the door and opened it. "What are you doing here?" Kara asked.

"I wanted to see how you were doing." Alex responded, "Is that too much for an older sister to ask."

"Something is off." Kara said suspiciously, "What happened?"

"You should sit down."

"I'm fine. Just tell me what happened."

"Mon-El was captured."

"What! How?" Kara burst out.

"I would tell you if you didn't interrupt me." Alex said sounding agitated.

"Sorry." Kara said, "Continue."

"The DEO got a call that someone was attacking aliens and Mon-El went to go check it out, he never reported in." Alex said, "When we went to check out what had happened all we found were dead humans. Dead from heat vision."

"Heat vision?" Kara said surprised, "But Kal and I are the only kryptonians left. How is that possible."

"We don't know." Alex said giving Kara a hug, "I know you two were close. I'm sorry. We are going to do everything in our power to find Mon-El. Hank said that you couldn't be involved because you are emotionally attached to Mon-El. Are you going to be okay? Do you want me to call someone to talk to you?"

"No," Kara said holding back tears, "I'll be fine. I gotta get to CatCo. Don't want to be fired."

"Are you sure?" Alex said relinquishing the hug.

"Yes," Kara said, "Work will help me forget whats going on. See you tonight."

"Yes, right, tonight." Alex said rubbing her hands together.

"You have to cancel girls night." Kara said in realization.

"Yes, sorry, the DEO is pulling everyone they can into this."

"We both need to get to work." Kara said changing the topic.

"Yes, bye."

"Good luck in finding Mon-El." Kara said stepping into her bedroom to change into her work clothes. As she did so Kara started to cry.