Black Mold

Alex rushed into the med bay to see Kara on a bed next to Jeremiah, Kara had black mold creeping over her body almost completely covering it. "What happened?" She asked Winn, who was sitting next to Kara.

"I don't know," Winn replied, "She didn't know either before she collapsed."

Jeremiah opened his eyes and Alex rushed over to him. "Dad!" She said, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," He replied, "Where's Kara?" He turned as saw Kara in the bed next to him covered in the black mold. "Oh no." He tried to sit up but Alex held him down.

"Dad you need rest." She said to him, "Do you know what that is?"

"Yes," Jeremiah said, "It is an alien substance from Krypton that is like Black Mercy, instead of showing you a 'What If' life, it shows you the scariest moment in your life, but on steroids."

"How did it get from Krypton to here?" Winn asked.

"A pod with a 13-year-old girl, not Kara, transported the girl in a comma. She has been under the influence of the Black Mold for as CADMUS had her, until a few months ago when she woke up." Jeremiah explained, "I was among the scientists that studied the Black Mold. It is very dangerous, we don't know of any way to help wake her up other than from natural causes."

"What do you know about it?" Alex asked.

"If you try to take samples of it then the Black Mold will stop Kara's, heart." He replied, "Inside of her mind could be a war or it could be her parents died in front of her or it could be Krypton falling to pieces on top of her. It could be the love of her life being tortured in front of her. There are many things it could be. Whispering in her ear could help calm her down. As long as you don't touch her you can be around her."

"So we can basically do nothing while she goes through the scariest moment of her life all by herself?" Alex confirmed.

"We discovered that if your voice is soothing enough then inside of the dream she creates someone like you to go through the experience with her, but only as long as you are in her ear," Jeremiah said.

"So if someone she cares for or cares for her whispers in her ear then she will be kinda okay?" Winn asked.

Jeremiah nodded, "I suggest you set up times when someone is by her all the time. However she is in the beginning stages of the Black Mold, so there might be some differences between the case I studied at CADMUS. I could look into it and study it more." Jeremiah said, "I can start working on that as soon as you release me from the Medbay."

"I'll talk to J'onn about releasing you," Alex said walking out of the room.

Winn pulled out his phone and started playing NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye. "This is one of her favorite songs." He explained to Jeremiah.