Slushie Arguments Lead to Drunk Beach Naps

"Ow,I couldnt fuck that up anymore if I tried."you said,rubbing you head that you just whacked against the skate ramp.

Percy laughed and extended a hand,"Now now,dont degrade your talent.You always prove me wrong when I think its impossible for you to mess something up more then before."

You reached out and grabbed his hand,pulling yourself up,"So you're saying I'm talented at failing?"

"Basically."Percy smiled before looking down at your hand which was still interlocked with his.He pulled his hnd away quickly and picked up his board."I uh,think thats enough practice for the first day.You break any bones and I wont have someone to hang out with."he commented,changing back to a light atmosphere.

You nodded in agreement before following Percy back to his car.Skateboarding truly wasnt in your bucket of skills, anyone could have pointed that out.You got in and sat down in the passenger seat as Percy sat his skateboard in the trunk of his Dodger.When he finally got in the front seat,he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going now?"you asked.Two weeks is all the time you've shared with Percy so far this summer,but you've learned that with him,there's never just one destination.

"Well after watching your epic fail at skateboarding,I think you deserve an award."he said,one hand of his on the steering wheel and the other rested on the window.

"And whats that?"you asked.

"Slushies."Percy smiled as he made a turn.

Two things to keep in mind if you ever decide(more like,are forced) to go get slushies with Percy again:1) dont take Percy's advice on flavors,sour apple and cotton candy dont mix;2)seeing who can get a brainfreeze first is a terrible game.

You held your head in pain as you listened to Percy all backwards in his chair from laughing so hard.You had gotten a brain freeze and in the mean process,you also got hiccups which caused you to accidentally spit up blue slushie onto your lap.You glared up at Percy as the horrible pain in your head started to go away.

"I hate you."you grumbled as he stood back up,trying to compose himself.

"Love you too,Princess."he smirked,sitting back down in his seat.

You shook your head slowly in frustration."I solely believe you are fucked in the head."

Percy chuckled,"I believe you are too much fun.I dont know why we never hung out in the past."

"Probably cause youre an ass and too busy fucki-"you stopped yourself,letting go of your head.Percy's faced dropped into a mixed expression of confusion and aggravation."S-sorry...I uh...was rambl-"

"You think I do those kind of things?"he asked.His voice didnt sound angry,but more upset or disappointed.

"Well...I mean...alot of girls say things and rumours go around so...its hard not to."you admitted and Percy's eyes dropped to his hands.It was quite and you wished you'd never have said a word.

"Makes sense...come on,lets go."he said quietly as he stood up.

You stood up to follow him.The whole ride home was painfully dull.Percy wasnt talking or making dumb jokes like he normally did,which in this circumstance was something you missed.He hadnt even said goodbye when he dropped you off at your house and you mentally kicked yourself for ever saying what you did.

'I cant believe I would say that...I mean who would blame me for believing it though?He set himself up for that kind of reputation...but he didnt do it,did he?'you debated against yourself in your head.You wanted to believe Percy was in the wrong like he normally was,but in reality you're the one who accepted the rumours you heard.