I'm Sorry I Dragged You Into It

It's been about a week since you and Percy had that "awkward conversation."After you came home that night from retrieving him from his beach trip,you two havent talked much at all.He wasn't fully ignoring you because whenever you texted him,he would reply.Short replies,but still an answer.Normally you would be fine with Percy leaving you alone;but since you promised his mom you would try to help him,that wasnt an option to consider.

It was Sunday morning and all you were doing was watching your friend Bianca,shoot arrows at a target.You had gone to her place to talk about your situation with Percy,because she was normally good at giving advice.

"I'd say,"she paused as she shot an arrow right at the center of the target"that you're worried about him."

"Well he is my paycheck."you joked lightly.

Bianca shook her head and turned to face you,"No,Y/n.You're worried about him for another reason."she looked at you closely,"Do you like him?"she asked in a dead-serious tone.

"W-what?No."you said quickly,completely caught off guard.

She arched a brow before letting out a chuckle,"You wouldn't have denied it so quickly if it wasn't a possibility."she said,turning her attention back to the target.

You glared at the back of Bianca's head in frustration.This was the con of asking her for advice.She acted like a owl of wisdom sometimes and other times,she pointed things out which sadly happened to be true.But you were determined that this time she was wrong.

"Whatever Bianca,you're wrong."you said as she began shooting arrows again.

"Tell me if I'm wrong when you two are loving on each other by summer's end."she yelled over her shoulder,laughing.

You rolled your eyes before hearing someone walk up behind you.Turning on your heels,you saw Nico standing a foot behind you.Surprised,you took a few quick steps backwards.

"O-oh...h-hi Nico."you said,making eye contact.Nico wasnt a scary person he was just in favor of the color black and had a constant resting bitch-face.

"Hi,Y/n.Sorry to startle you,I came to ask you something."he said plainly.

"Okay,um ask away."

"Do you know who Jason Grace is?Because he called your phone but you left it inside."he said,pulling your phone from his pocket and handing it to you.

You looked at him strangely,"You answered?"you asked but he shook his head.

"I respect your privacy.After the sixth call I decided to see who it was,but didnt answer."he stated before walking back inside.

You checked your phone.Nico was right:Jason called six times consecutively."Your brother is...a unique person."you said to Bianca as you dialed Jason's number.

"I know.He's special alright."she joked,as she went to retrieve her fired arrows.

You called Jason back but he didnt answer.So instead of playing this "not picking up the phone" game,you just texted him to meet up with you later.

"I guess I should head home."you told Bianca as you glanced down at your watch."If I'm late for lunch,my mom will be upset."

"Yeah,dont make her wait.Last time your mom was upset,I didnt see you for a week."Bianca commented before giving you a side hug(due to her other hand holding her bow).

You smiled and walked back inside to get your bag.You passed by Nico,who to your surprise,actually said goodbye.

***

It was about five in the evening and you were waiting on Jason to arrive.You had made plans to meet him at the mall but he,like always,was late.You wandered around one of the entrance doors until you saw Jason approaching you.You waved at him,smiling,but stopped when you saw his face.His eye was a swollen purple color and his chin had a cut down the center.You looked at him in worry as he stood in front of you.