Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Eve's POV

"

Okay, so the first step to raising your own child is, of course, to love them and to have them trust you." I instructed Sky. She looked confused beyond belief but I was determined to make her such a good mother that she can get an award for it.

It was a miracle that Sky agreed to this arrangement last week at the New Year's get together. I knew she didn't like kids, and my kids weren't really fond of her either. But I can make this work out. I'm kind of scared she will bail on me. And go tell Jeremy my secret. He doesn't need to know. He would just start wasting his time around me instead of getting useful stuff done.

"Uh, I'm sorry I lost you at 'okay'. Can you repeat everything?" Sky asked. I chuckled and sat down on my couch next to her.

"All you need to start doing is hanging out with them more often. Find out what they like." I told her. She gave me a look.

"Can't you just tell me what they like?" she asked in a bored tone, obviously not liking my idea. I sighed.

"You need bonding time with them. That is why you are going to pick them up from school and take them somewhere for lunch. Like McDonald's!" I said in a sing song voice. Sky groaned and I stood up chortling. "You will go do that while I go do some shopping. It's been a while since I’ve been to the mall." I said standing up and walking to the front door, grabbing my purse and keys. I waved to Sky and opened the front door. "Bye! Go pick them up now! Their school ends in thirty minutes, there are directions to each school on the counter." I hollered shutting it closed, leaving Sky gaping.

SKYLARS POV

Did she just leave me to babysit her kids? I sat there dumbfounded. I quickly stood up and grabbed my car keys. Eve gave me a call this morning saying it was time for my first lesson. Thanks to her I had to cancel my plans with Jeremy. He was quite shocked that Eve wanted to 'hangout' with me. 

Anyways, I came over and she just left me. Wow. I went over to the counter and grabbed the paper filled with addresses. I left the house and walked to my car and drove to my first location. Alyssa's high school. 

Just as I drove up to the school, I heard the bell ring. I parked right in front of the school's entrance; I also stepped out of the car so Alyssa would see me. After most of the crowd departed from the front doors I spotted Alyssa, she was talking to a boy. She started walking down the steps with the boy, her expression turned shocked when she noticed me.

"Sky?" she asked. I gave her a smile. 

"That's my name don't wear it out. I'm here to pick you up and I suggest we start going if we want to make it to Wyatt's school in time" The boy quickly left when he noticed me, looking a little flustered. Alyssa let out a small growl like noise before taking a seat in the passenger side.

After I walked around the car and into the driver’s seat we started to drive. "So who is the guy?" I asked trying to make some small talk. Alyssa grunted.

"Nobody." She said in a quiet voice. I nodded, understanding that she doesn't want to talk about him. By the time I got to Wyatt's school, he was already standing outside in the parking lot waiting. I drove to him and parked. I rolled down the window. 

"Hey Wyatt! I'm here to pick you up so get in" I told him after he gave me a confused look. He shrugged his shoulders and hopped into the car. 

"How do I know you aren't just a kidnapper in disguise? “He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Well would your sister come inside the car then?" I asked. He thought for a moment.

"Good point." he muttered. I chuckled and drove out and started my path to Abby's day care. 

**

Well, it kind of hurts when a little kid hates you doesn't it? The only reason Abby didn't kill me is because she is playing in the play place in McDonald's. But Alyssa and Wyatt just sat across from me. Glaring at me while eating their fries.

"So..." I said, trying to break the awkward silence. "How about we get to know each other better?" I suggested. Alyssa just grunted a 'no' and Wyatt shrugged. I sighed. "Look guys, I know you don't really like me for whatever reason but at least give me a chance! I'm trying here and the least you can do is try too!" I said in frustration. 

Alyssa and Wyatt just stared at me. But soon Alyssa sighed. "We don't hate you. We just wish our parents would get back together. Just the thing that stops that is you." she said. I nodded in understanding.

"It wasn't my choice for them to separate, it was theirs. But I understand why you would be mad. But do you want to start over maybe?" I asked. Wyatt grinned and even Alyssa gave me a small smile. Wyatt yelled out Abby's name that came rushing down the slide and towards us.

"Hi, I'm Skylar." I said smiling, and shaking their hands.

Alyssa gave me a sweet smile. "And I'm done." she said before throwing her soda at me, splashing me." I gasped in shock and the kids chuckled. "You will never mean anything to us, so you might as well stop trying." Alyssa hissed. I stood up and stomped my foot in a childish manner and screeched in frustration before stomping to the bathrooms as the kids just laughed at me.

**

"

"I just can't do it Jeremy! I will never get along with your kids!" I yelled in frustration as Jeremy was giving me a back massage at home.

Jeremy chuckled. "Then don't! It’s okay Sky; I won't hate you just because my kids don't like you." Jeremy said. I grumbled.

"But I want to get along with them, I just don't know how!" I sighed. We sat there in silence for a couple minutes before Jeremy spoke up.

"Well if you really want to get along then you will have to earn their trust one by one. Start from the easiest then end with the hardest. So I suggest since Wyatt's birthday is in three weeks and he is probably the easiest to earn trust, get him something cool for his birthday. Then try to earn Abby's trust and finish off with Alyssa." Jeremy spoke softly. I nodded, comprehending his words.

"Just remember with my kids it’s like a battle. A battle of trust. You have to try and try again. There will be lots of trial and error. Just don't give up." Jeremy said. I sat up and he kissed my forehead softly. "But no matter what, I will still love you."

"I love you too." I said, with a small smile. Jeremy crinkled his nose.

"You still smell like soda."

-edited- 

♪♫♪♫

*A/N*

hey guys! sorry I didn't update for a long time! the world just hates me and keeps getting me sick or school gives out to much homework or my disease called laziness comes back.

Comment,

Vote,

and of course follow me!

Thank you for reading!

-Jess <3