Chapter 5

EVE'S POV

I watched from a distance as Sky was looking around the house. To say that I was curious was an understatement. Sky crept quietly examining all the toys she sees in the house. The kids were currently at school and Sky surprised me with a visit. She didn't really talk to me. She was looking around. 

She walked up the stairs gracefully, trying to prevent any squeaks. Would have been a smart idea if I wasn't spying on her. Too bad momma hawk always is on the look out. I walked up the stairs slowly, trying to see what in the world Sky was up too. Upstairs she was opening and closing all the doors. Okay. It’s safe to say I am getting worried for the poor girl.

Once she opened Wyatt's room a grin spread out on her face and she entered it keeping the door opened. I casually walked over there and stood in the doorway as she walked around the room looking at all the posters. And she still didn't notice me! "Can I help you with anything?" I asked finally. Sky screamed and jumped at least three feet in the air. She placed a hand over her heart and panted.

"Geez Eve! Give a warning next time you sneak up on me!" She said, chuckling to herself. I walked in and sat on Wyatt's bed.

"That would ruin the whole purpose then." I commented. She rolled her eyes I watched as she continued to examine the room. 

"So, Wyatt likes motorcycles?" She said, looking at one of the posters of the famous Giacomo Agostino next to his motorcycle.

"That my friend is a huge understatement." I said chortling to myself. "He knows almost everything there is to know about motorcycles. He tells me when he grows up; instead of getting his first car he wants a motorcycle. A Ducati I think." I said, trying to remember what he told me a few months back. Sky nodded looking at the Ducati posters along with the Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo posters.

"Would you let him buy a motorcycle? I mean, they are pretty dangerous." She asked, sitting down next to me. I sighed.

"So many people asked that. And I understand it's dangerous, But it's his dream. I am never going to kill someone’s dream, even if it’s dangerous. It's like knowing I am going to separate with my kids within a year. They are my dream and it pains me to know I won't see them grow up. I know the pain and I don't want my kids to feel that pain too. Do you understand what I mean?" I said, speaking in a quiet voice. Sky looked a bit shocked at my analysis but nodded. We sat there silently before she broke the tension.

"I don't know how you do it." She says with a light chuckle. I give her a confused glance.

"How do I do what?" I ask her. She turns to face me, her eyes glossy.

"How you stay so strong in the worst situations." She says, a single tear flowing out of her eye. I give her a small smile.

"Well I wouldn't say this is the worst situation ever. It's not like this is happening during world war two and we are starving to death." I say playfully.

"Even then I bet you would stay strong." She whispered.  I scooted closer to her and put my arm around her shoulders and gave her a light squeeze.

"I don't have much of a choice." I answered. I watched as Sky started to cry silently. I gave a small laugh. "I don't know how you can be crying when I feel like crying right now." I said, my voice breaking at the end of my sentence. She let out a laugh.

"They do say I can be a waterfall on feet." She jokes. I smile. I looked up at the wall and noticed that it was only twelve thirty in the afternoon.

"How about we go get some Mani pedals before we go pick up the kids?" I suggest. Sky thought for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"I guess we can." She said grinning. I laughed and linked arms with her before walking out of the room, closing the door shut.