Chapter 10

EVE'S POV

"Alright kids! I'm going to miss you all! I will be back in a month! Remember, listen to Sky, if not then you will be in big trouble." I told my kids as I kissed each of them on the forehead. It was already August and school was out. All three of my angels had tears in their eyes, it was the first time I will be away from them for so long, it doesn't help that we are really close.

"Bye mom, have fun on vacation, you deserved it." Alyssa smiled and told me, giving me a small hug.

"Bye mommy,  I love you!" Abby told me, with a quivery voice. It made my heart break.

"Bye mama. I'll miss you." Wyatt said, trying to act strong, good for him.

"Bye my darlings." I whispered. I closed the front door and walked to the car. Sky was already in the drivers seat waiting for me. As I closed the car door I let out a sigh. "Thanks Sky for taking me to the hospital." I told her in a low voice. She turned and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"It's not a problem. I will be there when you need me no matter what." She replied. She really is the best mother for my kids when I'm gone.

The car stayed quiet as we drove along. "Whats with the frown Eve?" Sky asked me.

"I don't want to leave my babies." I whispered. Once I gained power over my emotions I continued. "If it weren't for the doctors I wouldn't go to the hospital-"

"You are getting worse Eve, they need to look out for you." Sky reminded me.

"I know. It's just the thought that I might not see them again." I murmured. 

"No you will. You have to tell them Eve, You can't keep this a secret from them. You always wore your wigs to hide the fact that your bald. You can't do that Eve! what happens when you die?! what am I suppose to tell them? huh? Never thought about that did you. your leaving the hard part for me. What am I going to say? 'your mom had cancer but kept it a secret now she died.'? That's not how it works. They need to know." Sky rambled. Anger and confusion filtered her voice.

"I know. I will tell them. Just not now, Leave the telling to me." I told her, my voice quivered slightly. The truth really does hurt.

The rest of the car ride was quiet I gave Sky a small thank you once we reached the hospital. I entered the building and the usual anxiety build up in my gut. I let out a deep breath and kept going.

SKY'S POV  *THREE WEEKS LATER*

"I miss mommy." Abby muttered as she sat bored on the couch. Wyatt was at a friends house and Alyssa was doing some stuff on her computer upstairs.

"Well, why don't I call Je- Your dad and tell him to take you to the park after work." I promised her. Abby's eyes widened in joy as she jumped in her seat.

"YAY! Daddy!" She cheered. I chuckled and quickly sent Jeremy a text. He soon sent one back telling me an affirmative answer. Deciding me and Alyssa should go shopping I went up to her room and knocked.

"Come in." she answered. I walked in to her sucked into her laptop on some social media. "Hey Sky." She answered absent minded.

"Hi. I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping. Jeremy is coming to take Abby to the park and shopping is better than sitting at home." I explained. I remember from the past how Alyssa got annoyed when i called Jer 'your dad' she flipped out on me so That's why I call him Jeremy in front of her. 

Alyssa finally looked up and made eye contact. "Sure! sounds fun!" She said with a smile. I smiled back.

"Great. start getting ready. Once Jer gets Abby we leave." I told her and then I left her room, Leaving the door a crack opened. I cracked evilly knowing she hates that. by the time I got to the stairs she called out to me.

"Thanks for closing the door Sky!" She yelled in an annoyed but playful voice. Soon in an hour Jer came and picked up Abby. 

"Hey baby! want to head to the park?" He asked. Abby just squealed in response. 

"Don't forget to pack her some snacks. Alyssa and I are leaving to the mall." I told him as Alyssa made her way down the stairs. Jer came to me and pecked my lips. Alyssa scowled but Abby 'awed' at us.

"Okay have fun you too." He said and went to Alyssa and kissed her forehead.

We left the house and walked to my car.

JEREMY'S POV

 "Alright kiddo, what do you want to eat when we are at the park?" I asked Abby as I rummaged through the  pantry. I pulled out some ritz and as I looked further down the shelf I found a single jar of peanut butter. "Hey, has your mom ever gave you this? A peanut butter sandwich with Ritz?" I asked her with a grin. I remembered I used to always eat this in my childhood.

Abby frowned. "Nope. Does it taste good?" She asks. I nodded like a kid and she giggled. "Okay daddy! lets go to the park now!" I quickly made a couple Ritz and peanut butter sandwich snacks and placed them in a plastic zip lock bag. before we left to the park.

At the park I walked over to a bench and sat down and watched as Abby ran and started playing with new friends. She quickly made new friends and they started playing tag together, Soon her new friend had to leave and the other girl had  to go to her mom to eat. Abby walked to me. 

"Can I try your magic snack?" Abby asked. I laughed at the name and pulled out the Ritz sandwich. She ate all the cracker sandwiches and went back to playing. She didn't mention if she like it or not and she showed no emotion while eating it.

I watched a few minutes as she played somewhere behind the play ground where I couldn't see her well but soon I got a business call. I stood up and walked further away from the screaming kids.

Hello?" I answered. It was one of my coworkers and he was updating me with some information. I listened slightly but got distracted. Don't get me wrong, I don't slack at work but these updates are annoyingly boring. After a couple minutes I heard some commotion happening.

I looked towards the play ground and saw a mother lift a little girl around Abby's age up from the ground, It looked like the girl was having some sort of attack. "Help! Who's child is this?!" The lady yelled. Due to the distance I had to squint. My eyes widened in fear.

"ABBY!" I screamed as I hung up and shoved my phone in my pocket as I ran to my baby girl. As I went closer I saw Abby was coughing and struggling to breath right.

"She might be having an allergic reaction." A nearby mother told me in panic. I quickly lifted Abby and ran to my car and drove to the hospital.

I'm not losing my daughter. 

♪♫♪♫

Oh no! What will happen?! You don't understand, I might not update fast but when I write I feel the emotion the characters feel. So Right now I'm worried for Jeremy. AND IM WRITING THE BOOK?! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!  Sorry for the late update. Im going to try and update once a week. If I dont update them message me to update. it would help :) 

Please comment your thoughts

Vote because you love me

Tell your friends about this book and I will love you

And follow me because who wouldn't psh ;)

thankyou for reading my book!

~Jess<3