Chapter 7

SKYLARS POV

I knocked on the door to Eve's house. I heard small footsteps and the door opened before me. Abby stood there giving me a shy smile. Eve had told me she was torn. She didn't know whether to like me or not to like me. But I'm sure her thoughts would change in a second.

Although her birthday was in December and its only march, I decided to give her a present. "Hello Abby." I said giving her a smile.

"H-hello." She said looking down at her toes.

"Is Wyatt home?" I asked her. She nodded, still not meeting my eye contact. "Can you call him? I need his help. Tell him to meet me by my car." I said. She finally looked up and gave me a confused look but nodded.

"WYATT COME OUTSIDE IT'S AN EMERGENCY!" Abby screamed, making me jump. For a small girl she is really loud.

Thudded noises came down the stairs and Wyatt appeared looking a little frightened. "What's wrong? Is everyone okay?" He asked. I laughed.

"Abby was being over dramatic but I do need your help. Come to my car for a sec." I said. He gave me the same confused look Abby gave me but followed me out. At my car I opened the trunk revealing a huge box. Wyatt let out a low whistle.

"What's the occasion?" He asked.

"Just a little something for Abby." I smirked, pulling it out. Wyatt grabbed the other end.

"Sucking up?" He asked. I chuckled.

"I call it persuasion." We brought the box into the house and Abby- who was sitting on the couch- gasped.

"Whoa! Who is that for?" She asked jumping to her feet. I smiled at her.

"For you. But before you open it let me get the other part." I said before racing back to my car. I closed the trunk and opened the passenger door to get out a shoe box sized box and raced back inside. "Here, open this first." I said shoving the box into her hands.

Curiously, she ripped the box opened. She smiled widely at the gift. "Another Barbie doll! And it's different from the others its special and- it looks like Alyssa?" She gave a confused look. I laughed.

"Yea it's pretty convenient how it happened. There is another one that looks like you though!" I smiled she looked back into the box and grinned. It's true, the store I went to had Barbie dolls of all looks and I picked out some that resembled the most to the two girls.

"Can I open the big box now?" She asked giving me puppy eyes. I nodded and she giggled in excitement.

She unwrapped it and Wyatt let out a 'dang' while Abby stood there shocked. I frowned. Was there something wrong? Suddenly she screamed and jumped up and down in joy.

"Oh my gosh you didn't! it's amazing! Oh my gosh! MOOOOOOOOOM!" She yelled out. I smiled proudly knowing I did my job. The Barbie house I got her was three stories tall (Barbie wise) and it had a pool on the roof and some more accessories.

Eve came into the room and let out a small chortle. "Wow sky, you're going to spoil my kids this way." She said raising a brow. I gave a sheepish grin.

"Want to play dolls with me Sky?" Abby asked. I nodded.

"Of course!" I said. I opened the box that protected the doll house and the two of us set everything up. I got a feeling of someone gazing behind me and I turned to look up and saw Alyssa standing on top of the stair case watching with intent. I offered her a smile but she just narrowed her eyes at me and looked away.

***

I watched as Jeremy slumped against the chair by my table. After spending most of the day at Eve's place for the last couple weeks, Jer and I decided to have some "us" time.

"Why are you so down?" I asked him in concern and amusement. Although I feel bad for leaving him he is acting ridiculously like a child.

"It feels like you love my wife and kids more than me." He grumbled. I chuckled lightly.

"Jeremy, you know I just want to be on good terms with them. It's not like I'm going to ditch you or anything." I told him. He sighed.

"I know. It just feels like something is going on and I hate being left out of the stuff going on around me." He said with a slight frown, eyeing me as if the whole secret is written on my forehead. My blood ran cold slightly and I didn't know how to reply.

"Jer, you know I would never lie to you. You can trust me so stop worrying. Is it bad that I just want to hang out with my husband's ex-wife and kids?" I asked him, hating myself for lying to him.

"Well, it kind of is." He said chuckling and raising a brow. I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I meant, and it sounded better in my head anyways." I replied. A silence fell between us. Not an awkward one, more of a comforting silence.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Jer asked me. I nodded.

"You pick out the movie I will make the popcorn." I told him, standing up from the kitchen table. Jeremy followed my lead and raced to my room, to my T.V.

"Add extra butter!" He yelled out. I laughed.

"Fatty!" I retorted. I heard him laugh and started on the popcorn. As much as I wanted to enjoy the time with Jeremy problem free; I couldn't help but think about Alyssa. Her hateful face stayed a picture in my mind. How she leaned on the stair case while I played with Ally.

My eyes slightly brimmed with tears. I never had someone hate me as much as her. I was always a lovable and fun person so hate rarely happened.

I quickly wiped my eyes to avoid teary eyes in front of Jeremy. It's the end of March and the year is passing by quickly. I need to get her to trust me so I can help Eve. Contrary to my hate towards kids, I grew to like Wyatt and Ally. They are the most adorable and enjoyable kids ever! And truthfully I would love to keep them as my own and become a role model and a mentor and a mother just like Eve.

It's amazing how kind and strong a person is can give another hope. That's why I look up to Eve. She gives me hope.

"What are you doing Sky? Building a palace? Hurry up!" Jeer called out. I smiled and finished the popcorn with extra butter.

"Coming!" I called out. I thought of a double meaning. I am coming with a new hope built inside of me.

I can do this.

♪♫♪♫

Hey every one! so yes a new chapter, a little short but its all good!

I was actually planning on deleting this book but alot of people encouraged me to continue. so I am going to finish this book. And if all goes well and this book gets lots of reads and votes I want to start a series (Not based on this book. its totally diffrent.)

and I already thought out this series of books and let me tell you its far from cliche! so i think it would be fun to write but i want to finish this book first. so yea.

please

comment!

vote

and follow!

feedback means alot!

Thank you for reading!

-Jess