Chapter 4

SKYLAR'S  POV

**

"Step it up you idiot!" she screeched at me. I was scared for my life as I continued running towards the Wyatt and Alyssa's schools. "I'm going to die and you don't even care do you? Go and get my kids!" Eve yelled. Her silhouette growing bigger and bigger each step she took.

"You took away my husband! That's the only thing you are good at; taking stuff away. So go! TAKE AWAY MY KIDS!" Eve yelled before her silhouette came out of the dark, anger filled her eyes as fear filled mine. And with one more step she would smash me to a glob and kill me. I watched as her foot lowered down on me-

I sat up gasping for every bit of air in the room. I brought my hand up to wipe away some beads of sweat that formed on my forehead. It all seemed silly, my dream felt like a dream a kid would have and I am freaking over it.

But it was right. I need to step it up.

Once I gained control over my breathing I looked over at the clock. It read 5:48 AM. Well, it's never too early to start the day. Good thing I was a morning person. I got out of my bed and went straight to my shower after grabbing some clothing.

I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower and waited until I saw steam before entering. After a nice, long, and relaxing shower, I got out and dressed up for the day. Usually Jeremy would drop by my apartment before he goes to work. But since I started my day early, I had an extra two hours before he would come. So I started making a plan.

"Okay." I talked to myself as I sat down on my table with a piece of paper and a pen. "What can I get Wyatt?" I thought aloud as I tapped my pen on my chin. I can get him a model car? No. That idea is way over used. A bike? Ugh, it’s not like I'm his parent, well right now.

Then the idea popped to me. And like they always say, one good idea always leads to another. I quickly scribbled down some notes before I forgot what I was thinking. It all went good until I got to Alyssa.

I sat there stumped. She won't open up right away. But maybe if she sees her siblings open up to me, she will follow? It's worth a try...

Saving Alyssa for later, I posted my plan onto my fridge using a magnet. And I finished just in time before I heard a knock at the door, I walk over curiously. My eyes widened as I see Jeremy in front of me smiling. "Is it eight thirty already?" I asked particularly nobody as I let him in and walked over to the clock on the microwave.

"Yup, you didn't forget my breakfast now did you?" Jeremy asked, his playful tone turning serious. I gulped and turned around to face him. 

"Well..." I trailed off. Jeremy groaned.

"Okay then, go get changed we are going out for breakfast today.

**

JEREMY'S POV

I glanced over at Skylar every couple seconds as we sat in the coffee shop munching on muffins and sipping our hot beverages. Something is weird about her. She isn't her usual bubbly self today. She is more quiet and spacing out. 

"You okay?" I asked her concern lacing through my voice. She snapped her head in my direction startled by my question.

"Oh, uhm yeah? I'm great!" She said, giving me a reassuring smile. I gave her a smile back before she spaced out again. But obviously I didn't buy her act. She was acting weird ever since New Year’s now that I think of it. And how she wants to get to know my kids. That isn't the sky I knew. I mean, I'm happy she is trying and all, But she was never fond of little humans.

"I don't believe you." I stated. She gave me a shocked expression.

"What-?"  She started but I cut her off.

"While you were changing I went to your kitchen and saw your notes on the fridge. I know exactly what is up." I said smugly. I noticed some color drained from her face but she maintained to keep up her curious look. "You want to marry me." I said seriously.

Sky gave me a disbelief look. "You really think that I'm thinking that?" She asked. I nodded, staying serious. She snorted. "No offence, but if we are already engaged then I don't have to worry about not marrying you." She said rolling her eyes.

I feigned hurt. "Are you saying you don't want me?" I said shocked. She stared at me.

"Where in my miniature rant did you hear something negative about us getting married?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"I'm just trying to lift up the conversations which you do obviously not want to participate in, leaving me to talk to myself in my head. Yes, I and my conscience are gossiping about you." I said crossing my arms over my chest and staring into her deep eyes.

"I'm not worried. Don't worry." She said. She was about to space off again but I caught her attention.

"What’s up really? You’ve been acting really strange lately and I am really worried about you. It really seems like you are ignoring me. Did I do something wrong?" I asked her, cutting off all playfulness. Sky sighed and gave me a small smile.

"Don't worry, I still love you and you did nothing wrong. I'm just figuring stuff out; Today I feel like is one of those calmer days that are it." She said. I smiled, happy that she doesn't want to cancel off our engagement. I looked down at my watch and my eyes widened.

"Crap! I was supposed to be at work twenty minutes ago!" I stated, standing up. Sky's eyes widened.

"You better leave then! I will walk home don't worry." She said, shooing me away. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Look outside." I said. She gave me a confused look before turning her head to the window. Realization clicked in her head as she saw the pouring rain in our beautiful home of Seattle.

"Fine, you can take me home." She grumbled. I smirked and grabbed her hand as we stepped outside into the blaring cold.

-edited- 

***

A/N Hey everyone! hope you enjoyed the chapter! Okay so this is what my plan is,  I am a little busy this month but what I will do is write chapters then do a wattpad bomb (Which is my phraze that I just thought of, meaning that I will be posting chapter after chapter at one time... if you are an 'uno' cheating player you would understand :P )

So please don't give up on this book! Just leave it in your libraries and if I don't update in an while then I will for sure make up for the time and do a wattpad bomb. (Now I love that phraze) 

Sorry if the chapter was slightly boring. It was more of a filler chapter.

So please comment

vote

and follow!!!

Thanks for reading!

-Jess <3