Chapter 13

SKY'S POV

The sun was out, shining, kids played in the play grounds and teens are out in their groups, people are running, birds singing, laughter in the air, distant music from phones; everything seemed so perfect.

So perfect that you wouldn't think somebody died today. 

When Jeremy called and told me the news, I even pinched myself because it seemed so fake, like a dream. 

I wanted to scream at every human laughing, smiling, giving no care to the world, no care that someone died. I wanted to scream at God for letting her die on the one day its sunny in Seattle. It feels like she was suppose to die on a rainy day, filled with mourn. Not a sunny day filled with joy. Now the only rain coming today would be from our eyes.

My eyes wouldn't stop leaking with tears as I drove to the hospital. My memory from their went hazy. As I saw the kids huddled together. I joined their hug and they hugged me back as if they weren't mad at me and shunning me the past month.

Jeremy was around the place, throwing fits of rage, sadness, disappointment, failure, and regret.

I don't know how I should feel about that. memories were all that's in my head.

"Hello! You must be Skylar! I'm Eve." she introduced. I stood up and fixed my light blue dress and hair. Then I shook her hand.

"Hi! I'm very glad to be here!" I said enthusiastically. Liar. The voice in the back of my head taunted. Eve was beautiful! I now can see where Abby got it. Though Jeremy got his fair share in the genes.

"Wonderful! I see you already met Abby. "She observed pointing to Abby who was now in the living room playing with some dolls. Wyatt! Alyssa! Come over here!" she called out. Soon a boy came out looking just like Jeremy, and a Girl that looked just like her mother. "Wyatt, Alyssa, this is Skylar, you fathers girlfriend." she introduced.

I couldn't help but notice that when she said girlfriend she said it in a cheerful tone. No hint of jealousy, no hint of sadness.

The first time I met Eve. seemed so long ago but not even a year past.

"Look Sky, I know this sounds weird but, how good are you with kids?" she asked. In snorted in an unlady-like manner.

"Did you not just see what happened out there?" I asked her. She chuckled.

"I saw everything clearly. But I'm asking if you have you own kids, or any younger siblings you raised. Or at least a baby sitter?" she asked me, it kind of came off a little desperate.

"None of the above. I don't like kids at all." I stated. She sighed and looked a little... worried?

"Look, how about I teach you how to be with kids. I will teach you everything from A to Z." she said with an excited glint. I widened my eyes and backed out of the bathroom, waving my hands in front of me.

"Nonononono! I'm sorry but kids aren't my thing." I said. Crazy woman. She ran up to me and grabbed my wrist and gave me a puppy look.

"Please?" she pouted. "Obviously you and Jeremy are getting serious, who knows? Someday you might have a human in your belly or your own child running around!" she squealed. I widened my eyes.

"Look, me and Jeremy agreed to no kids so I don't have to worry okay? Now can you back off me need to leave-" I started.

"I have leukemia!" she blurted out in a hush tone. All her enthusiasm disappeared and she was serious.