Chapter 11

SKY'S POV

"Hey Alyssa what do you think about this dress?" I ask her as I stepped out of the dressing room. we were currently at a Macy's two towns over, it was the largest nearby and had a large selection. So we decided to come here and try out random clothes that we interested in.

The current dress I was trying out was a navy blue lace dress that flowed down to my knees. and around the waist was a light brown woven belt. It was plain but a beautiful dress to walk around during the summer.

Alyssa walked around the corner and stopped to check out the dress, "I like it. What do you think about this shirt?" She asked lifting the shirt towards her chest. It was a short sleeve silk shirt that had a blue/ green floral design. it was loose on the chest but tighter on the stomach. It also came with a sewed in silver chain.

"Looks cute! go try it on while I take of the dress." I told her. She nodded and stepped into an empty dressing room next to mine. As I was changing out of my dress, My phone rang. I put down my dress and picked up the cellular device. "Hello?" I asked.

"Sky, I did something really, Really bad." Jeremy panted. His voice sounded broken. My body tensed.

"Why?! Jer, tell me what happened?" I asked him, trying to keep calm.

"I forgot Abby was allergic to peanut butter. I packed peanut butter and Ritz sandwiches for the park, she ate all of them. Sky I'm at the hospital you have to come." Jeremy said, his voice cracked and he sniffled, notifying he is crying.

"It's okay Jer, keep calm we will get there as soon as we can. We are two towns away so we won't be there in maybe an hour. " I told him. He said okay and I hung up. "Alyssa Get changed now we have to leave ASAP." I told her, as I pulled up my pants and reached for my shirt.

"What happened?" Alyssa asked in a panic. She was shuffling so I knew she was changing back. 

I grabbed my bag and got out of the changing room the same time as her. "Abby  ate peanut butter and is in the hospital." I told her. she gasped a little but ran right after me as we left the store and went to the car.

JEREMY'S POV

I paced around the small waiting room for the hundredth time after I hung up on Sky. The doctor still hasn't came and told me how she is. After a good thirty minutes of pacing again and telling myself how big of an idiot I was. I mean, she was my daughter! how could I forget she was allergic to peanut butter! The doctor finally came and told me how she was doing.

"So Abby is going to be better. Her body went into shock and she passed out. The doctors stopped the swelling by 45% which is good. They stopped the swelling in her mouth and her neck so she is able to breath normally now. Although,there will be swelling on her cheeks,  mouth, and fingers. It has been reduced but still there." She explained. I let out a breath of relief. 

"Thanks doc. I hoped it wouldn't be too bad." I said giving her a small smile. She raised a brow.

"This is still bad. If you didn't take her here in time then she could have stopped breathing, there wont be enough oxygen going to her head and the most best scenario that will happen is her falling into a coma." She strictly spoke. I nodded and lowered my head.

"I understand doc. It was just a small slip up. I got a call and I wasn't watching her. And I wasn't with her for two years so, I sorta forgot." I explained myself.

She nodded. "I understand just for the sake of your daughter make sure  this doesn't happen again." She told me. I nodded. "You can't see your daughter yet. We are still running some tests on her. But I will be back in half an hour or an hour." She said. I frowned. What tests? I thought but I guess I said it out loud. "Her body unusually reacted to a medicine we gave her to enhance her immune system. it appeared to be stronger then intended so she passed out. she will be fine she just needs a bit of rest." she spoke quickly before strutting away.

I stood there for a minute, wondering how I could have slipped up. If I didn't notice that then she would have been dead. Deciding to clear my mind I decided to walk around the place. in about five minutes I was already lost. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. I don't even know what hallway im in!

A golden plaque hung on the wall got me distracted Eve Mathews At first I ignored it but then remembered. Eve's maiden name was mathews.  What? Is this my Eve? Why would she be in the hospital though?

Curiosity got the best of me. I knocked on the door. "Come in." I heard a voice. My body tensed as I froze in place. NO! 

That is not Eve's voice! It can't be! I turned the door knob and slowly I opened the door. The woman before me stared back at me. Her brown hair messy, her eyes worn out and a green grey shade, her skin in a slight sickly pale but she still looked beautiful as ever. 

"Jeremy." She whispered. She was the woman I fell in love with.

***

SKY'S POV

It took us forever to get to the hospital. Traffic was huge and as we were stuck in it I called Wyatt's friends land line and told him what happened. I told him he can stay their until we are done but he commanded he comes too. So we ended up picking him up. The whole way Alyssa figited with her fingers.

Finally after almost two hours we got to the hospital. I walked up to the front desk but in the corner of my eye I saw Jeremy. "Jer!" I ran up to him and hugged him.

He gave me a small smile. "Hey Sky. They just let me go see her so lets go." He said as he gave Wyatt and Alyssa a hug. I frowned.

"What did you do for those two hours?" I asked him. Surely he didn't just sit around waiting.

His eyes scanned my face. in search for something. He walked up close to me. "Well, lets just say I became a little curious and found out that a very good friend of mine, we are really close, was in the hospital." He said. leaning forward with each word. I gulped.

Eve.

My became unusually moist and I rubbed them against my pants."O-oh. A friend? are they okay?" I asked, my voice shook. He narrowed his eyes.

"Who's your friend daddy?" Wyatt asked with a concerning frown. Alyssa nodded behind him. He gave them a small smile before smirking at me.

"Oh Sky knows them. And you will meet my friend once Abby is out and ready. In the mean time I want to see my baby girl." He told us. Wyatt and Alyssa smiled, excited to meet knew people. oh you already know this friend I wanted to say. But I kept my mouth shut. The kids were right behind us but as we walked to Abby's room. Jer leaned in and whispered into my ear. "We are going to have a long, long talk tonight. Secrets don't make friends." He whispered. Or a family.

I frowned. My stomach churned. Soon I will have to see the kids reaction. 

♪♫♪♫

oh boy....what will happen?! does Jer love Eve too much, and this lying thing might break sky and him apart?! Then he falls disastrously into depression when eve dies and the kids can't look sky in the face no more?!

maybe.

will jeremy forgive sky and they will end up marrying and Eve will get better and not die?! will the kids forgive Sky as well?!

maybe.

lol or none of the above will happen. or will it? READ TO FIND OUT

please comment your thoughts

vote

and follow me cuz ya love me!

THANK YOU DEARLY FOR READING THIS AMAZING BOOK!( am I right or am I right?!)

~Jess<3