Chapter 9

SKY'S POV

I watched Alyssa take a deep breath. "it started fine. me and the Guy, Brandon, we were in a relationship starting back in October. he was nice to me and never treated me bad. but later he asked me to do his homework. I agreed. he asked foe money. I agreed. then he uh...asked to um, go further." she said trying. to find a good word. " into our relationship. I was scared because I didnt want that. so I stood up for myself and said no. he got mad but let it go after a while. later I found out that he didn't even care for me. he just used me for his own good. I got really depresses because I really did like him.

" so I went up to him And told him that it was over. he got angry that I embarrassed him in front of his friends. so he threatened if I didnt do what he said he would force me....to go further. I was scared and He threatened to hurt me if anyone found out. so I agreed. we told everyone we are still together a d he used me for grades money, and yea." she finishes.

I sat their. what so I do now? " did He hurt you before?" I asked her warily. she shook her head. " dis he ever push you further?"

" no, sometimes He would tell me but I would make up an excuse." She explained. her eyes teared up and she spaced off as if to remember that time.

Her eyes started welling up and I quickly brought her into a hug. "Shush honey it will be okay I promise. Just promise me you will report him to the principal monday morning." I told her in a stern voice.

She nodded weakly. "Now,if its fine with you I would like to be alone now." She told me.I nodded and stood up and walked to her door.

"Good night Alyssa." I spoke.

"Good night Sky....and thanks." She said. I gave her a small smile and closed the door after myself. That simple word made my heart explode. 

***

"Gosh, thank you Sky so much for talking with Alyssa. I'm worried though, I don't know why. It just feels as if I am paranoid for her. She is always such a closed person and for her to spill this to you is just a miracle. I mean, I didn't think she would even tell me." Eve murmured quietly.

I smiled at her. "actually I'm glad I talked with her. It feels like the bonding moment I was waiting for." I told her. She smiled at me but then it faltered.

Eve looked back to see Jeremy playing babies and cars with Wyatt and Abby. I have now learned that the two love playing that game together- its their favorite. When she was sure they weren't listening she turned back to me.

"Sky, are you sure you are prepared for this." Eve asked me, worry lines crossed her face as if she was ready to take in the worst answer. 

"What do you mean?" I asked her, not totally sure  what she was talking about.

She sighed. "This, taking care of Wyatt, Alyssa and Abby. To continue this. You would have to start caring for them when I die. You would have to be there with them on my funeral, you would have to stay strong for them, Then you would have to go through disastrous wedding plans for Jeremy. Then help them in school, feed them, genuinely care for them, teach them life lessons, go through graduations, heart breaks, wrong choices, marriage again and caring for their kids. This isn't a yearly thing Sky-"

"STOP!" I yelled. My eyes already welling up with tears. Jeremy's head snapped to our direction looking concerned and curious. I grabbed Eve's hand and dragged her out to the back patio. When I was sure nobody was listening I continued.

"Why are you so negative? Of course I am ready! That's why I am still here! Look, I wasn't really for this in the beginning, yes, but now I grew to like them- love them like their my own. No matter what their are going to be hardships in life. I know that but I am prepared to attack whatever life throws at me-" 

"You will have to attack whatever life throws at my kids and Jeremy as well." Eve cut me off.

"I know. And I am ready for that. I don't care what is going to happen Eve. You aren't getting rid of me any time soon. Neither is Alyssa, Wyatt and Abby. I promise you, I swear on my heart that I will never hurt your kids. I will stay their to the end and be their for them when the worst happens." I tell her. I finished panting hot heavy breaths and tears pouring down bot of our eyes. Eve Chortled lightly. And hugged me.

"I'm glad Sky. I want the best for my kids and you just proved that your going to be the best thing I did for them." She said. I smiled back and wiped my eyes before entering the house again. I walked over to Jeremy and He looked over me in concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded. He sat their for a moment before standing up. "Watch over these two pests for a sec." He told me with  grin, gaining some 'heys' from Abby and Wyatt. I nodded and sat to play with them.

JEREMY'S POV

I walked over the the back patio where Eve was just entering the house. She yelped as I grabbed her hand and dragged her back onto the patio and I shut the door. "Why was Sky crying?" I asked her.

She rose a brow, "Why would you ask me that?" She retorted. I frowned.

"You said something that made her cry. What did you say?" 

"I said nothing." She said walking back to the door. I got angry, This isn't the Eve I fell in love with.

"You know, Why do I always feel like your hiding something from me?" I yelled. Annoyance, anger, sadness, and hurt laced my voice. She turned to me.

"We aren't married anymore, You don't have to know everything anymore." She growled. 

"That doesn't mean I stopped loving you!"  I cried out. Why won't she understand?

She glared at me. "Jer! You are going to marry that girl! You love her not me" Eve bit back. 

"Your the one who called off the divorce! You can't blame me, You can never stop loving someone! Ever!" I screamed. Her eyes softened the slightest bit.

"Yes you can, And you better start loving that other lady. As well as your kids." She said in a normal voice.

"Their your kids!" I humphed. She loves them more than anything.

"Well they are yours too. You never know what you have until its gone." She murmured. Before I can put in another word, She walked back inside, Leaving me out in the cold night, With a million thoughts running through my head.

****

A/N Yay i updated!!!!!!!!!! so how was this chapter?? did anyone notice the little metaphor at the end of the chapter. When Eve walked out of the door, She left him alone.....like what will happen.......OOOH BOSS! well then I hope you enjoy reading this book, I have another couple chapters left so yup....

Please comment!

vote!

follow!

and read my blog jaysnook.blogspot.com

thankyou for reading!

~Jess<3