Chapter 6

EVE'S POV

"Hey squirt; did Alyssa give you some of her morning espresso?" I asked Wyatt. He continued jumping up and down, excitement filling him to the bring. I chuckled as he quickly shook his head no.

"Aren't you ever this happy when it’s your birthday?" He asked in a speedy voice.

"Of course I do!" I laughed. But my laugh quickly faltered as I remembered that this is the last time I will see Wyatt on his birthday. I parked the car in the drive way and the kids jumped out of the car, happy to leave school. 

I walked right behind Wyatt, who was in front of us all. I gave him my keys so he can unlock the front door. And he gasped as he did so. He looked around the house in awe, Posters of various motorcycles and motorcyclist everywhere. A motorcycle Piñata Hung from the ceilings and even the paper plates were motorcycle shaped. Balloons and streamers hung in every corner, and not an inch of the house was left un-decorated.

"Thank you mommy!" Wyatt squealed, trying hard not to cry joyously. He ran to give me a hug but I stopped him.

"I didn't do this though." I told him. He gave me a confused look.

"Happy birthday Wyatt!" Skylar said from behind him. Wyatt smiled and ran up thanking her and hugging her.

"Suck up." I heard Alyssa mutter. I gave her a pointed look and she sighed looking down.

"Be nice for at least today. For Wyatt." I whispered to her while everyone was out of earshot. She nodded and went to sit down on the couch, playing flappy bird on her phone.  I sighed, defeated and went in to the kitchen to take some medicine and cut the cake.

SKYLAR'S POV

"Did you really do this all by yourself?" Wyatt asked looking around the house for the billionth time. I laughed and nodded.

"I think you deserve something special for you eleventh birthday." I told him. He looked at me accusingly.

"Is there any other reason?" He asked me cautiously. 

"Well, it is also a reminder that I come in peace." I told him with a raise brow. He looked down, guilty faced.

"I'm sorry Sky, I didn't think you cared." He murmured. I placed my finger on his chin and forced him to look me in the eye and smiled.

"It's totally fine. And I will forgive you as long as you open your present." I told him, pulling out a decorative bag. He nodded and happily grabbed the gift and ripped it open. He gasped in shock, His shaky hands reached in and took the item out of the bag, inspecting it closely, not believing what he is seeing.

"It- it’s my favorite motorcycle!" He squealed happily. He placed it down and wrapped his arms around my neck, squeezing it tight. "I always wanted one of these when I grow up. Well, a real one that I can ride." He said. I wheezed out a laugh and Wyatt pulled back with a sheepish look. "Sorry." He said with a small laugh.

"Its fine and I am sure you will get one as long as you will be careful." I told him now I know what to get him for his birthday in seven years. I thought. 

"CAKE TIME!" I heard Eve yell out. Wyatt's eyes widened.

"CAKE!" He screamed running towards the kitchen with his new toy. Well, it’s more of a display toy than a play toy. It coasted quite a bit to get that specific model but I got it in time, thank the lord.

I walked into the kitchen and saw everyone was already seated in the chairs. A large triple chocolate cake stood tall in the middle. "Where is Jer?" Eve asked me. I laughed and looked over behind Wyatt, who sat at the foot of the table. Behind him were a million balloons. Eve followed my gaze and laughed, Understanding what I'm trying to say.

"Alright let’s sing happy birthday!" She said. Wyatt had a small frown on his face though.

"Where is dad?" He asked. I smiled as I watched as two large arms emerged from the balloons and placed the palm on Wyatt's eyes. Wyatt screamed bloody murder.

"SURPRISE!" Jer yelled, removing his hands and jumping out of the knot of balloons. I laughed as he tripped over the many strings. Wyatt turned around and Smiled Widely noticing his dad didn't forget his birthday.

He ran to his dad and squeezed his neck, suffocating him like he did to me. "Dad you're here! You scared me!" He laughed. Jer laughed to and Wyatt let go.

"Happy birthday kiddo. But let’s eat some cake before I give you my present." He said. We all sat back down and sang happy birthday to Wyatt. He blew out the candle and Eve cut the cake. And everything seemed so perfect at the moment; it felt like I was a part of the family.  We were all a happy family.

***

EVE'S POV

"Thanks for everything Sky." I head Wyatt say as he hugged her. She whispered something back at him who made him leaves, calling out bye to his dad and they left. From the corner of the kitchen, as I cleaned the small mess, I over hear Wyatt and Alyssa talking in the other room. I silently walked closer, trying to stay unseen as they continued talking.

"So you seem to start liking Skylar more." Alyssa said in an annoyed tone.

"Well, she was really nice to me. I really think we should give her a chance." Wyatt answered. Though Wyatt was only eleven now, he was pretty smart for his age.

"It was all an act probably; she is nothing but a witch who ruined our family." Alyssa said, her voice cold and hateful, filled with venom. I sighed and continued cleaning. She needs to understand that I was the thing that ruined the family. It feels like I'm just framing Skylar for it but I don't mean it!

I finished cleaning up the decorations and soda spills (Thanks to Abby) and went upstairs to Alyssa's room. I knocked softly three times and heard a 'come in'. I entered the room and saw that Alyssa was lying on her bed reading 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green. 

I walked over to her and sat at the edge of the bed. "Honey, why do you hate Sky so much?" I asked her. She sat up and sat down next to me at the edge and stayed silent for a moment longer.

"I truthfully don't know. It feels like if she never came into the picture then we would have still been a happy family." she said.

"That day you walked in on me and your dad yelling, you knew it was going to happen, with Sky or without..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. "Please give her a chance. She wants to be your friend, she wants to be trusted. She's no threat. Please do it, for me, for all of us." I told her. She stayed quiet; I can tell she was having an inner conflict.

"I don't know, it’s not that easy to trust someone, well it might be for others but it’s not easy for me. I will try though, but for you and everyone else. Not for her." She said, giving me a pointed look. I laughed.

"Okay, for me and everyone else." I stood up and kissed her forehead. "Now get some sleep, it’s almost midnight." I told her. 

"Good night mom." She said, kissing my cheek before cradling in bed. I smiled and walked over to the door.

"Good night sweetie."

-edited- 

♪♫♪♫

A/N awe sweet chapter!  well sorry for the late update everyone! stuff kept getting in the way and it was hard to get accessed to a computer. ;( well anyways I will try to update a little faster!

Please

comment

vote

and follow! 

Thank you for reading!

-Jess <3