10 ) I n d i g o

"And I know you ain't foolish, foolishJust give me one chance I could treat you right

Just give me one chance I could treat you right."

-No Way No (Magic)

___________________________________

"I could stand by you all day,
But what good would that be
when I can watch you from afar?"

__________________________________

BRAYDON'S P.O.V

I have never been a cooperative person. It's just not in my nature, I like to do things on my own and most of the days I'm completely content following that routine. But, that's not the case here and it's difficult for me to digest the fact that I need to work with a partner.

It certainly does not help much when your partner is so goddamn distractive.

And hot. 

Bella was not in her element today, she was moody and a groaning mess and that is exactly how I found her at 8 in the morning, sitting on the couch in the common area of our motel.

"You seem perky."

"Piss off, Grey. I'm not in the mood."

I raised my eyebrows, alarmed at her annoyed voice. This woman should be thanking me for bringing her back safe last night.

"I was hoping you'd say something like 'thanks for last night Braydon', but I was wrong to keep expectations."

She flashed me a guilty smile and continued, "About that. I'm sorry if I troubled you. Thanks, really."

I shrugged in response and occupied the space next to her. I glanced in her direction only to see her resting her head on the couch, groaning while rubbing her eyes. I retrieved a leaf of Aspirin from my pocket and handed one over to her.

"I don't want to work with a hungover partner. Take this."

Bella looked at my hand and then my face, and quickly mumbled a thank you before grabbing the tablet and gulping it down with water. I noticed her disgruntled face and sighed. We couldn't afford slacking off on this trip, there were only 22 days left for the competition to get over. I needed her to give it her best shot. She did seem pretty enthusiastic and desperate to win a week back.

"I need you to be focused today. Could you quit being grumpy for another three hours, at least?"

Bella looked at me with an impassive face. "Oh, I am sorry, you seem to be rubbing off on me."