2 0) V a n i l l a

“And if you can't escape all your uncertaintiesBaby I can show you how,”

And if you can't escape all your uncertainties
Baby I can show you how,”

-Rudimental

__________________________________

Your hair is like an abyss of dark waves that I never want to let go of
Your scent is sweeter than vanilla that I never want to wash off.”
_____________________________________

IT WASN'T EVERYday that Coach Greeley visited a player personally. So when I saw him standing near the entrance to our locker room, looking intently at me, I knew that I was one of the few players who was fortunate enough to be payed a visit by him.

“All prepped up, Grey?” Coach said in an authoritative voice, that immediately had me standing up and walking towards him .

I nodded my head. “Yes, coach.”

He nodded his head in satisfaction and motioned for me to come closer to him. Looping his arm around my back, he started walking with me in the direction of our meeting point.

“I am telling you, boy, and I won't say it again. I'm glad you decided to come back, you were good - one of the best - and I haven't any clue as to why you left...but you did. But right now? I want you to go there and take the position you deserve...and show all those who think you didn't. You got it?”

I looked at Coach Greeley, partly surprised that he said all that and partly content with the way he believed in me.

“Don't worry, Coach. I'll be sure to kick some ass.”

Letting out a loud chuckle, Coach walked forward and gathered the rest of the team around him for our briefing. Talon stood in the centre, since he was Captain and I took my place next to Parker, our mid-fielder.

I listened to coach talk about the game plan and our positions. I could feel the adrenaline course through every fibre within me, I didn't realise it, bit I missed this. I missed the feeling of speeding through the players around me, with just a ball to drabble along my feet, I even missed relishing the sweet moment of scoring for your team and the team spirit that followed.

Coach dismissed us after giving us a rather pumped up pep talk and now we were back to getting ready. We had about 10-15 minutes before getting on the field for warm up, and everyone was busying themselves with the last minute stuff that came along with being an athlete.

“Okay guys,” Talon started while fiddling with his laptop and placing it on the countertop of the locker. “There is someone here who wants to wish you luck.”