23) P u r p l e P t. 2

“There's no need to complicate'Cause our time is short,This, oh this, this is our fate, I'm yours

'Cause our time is short,
This, oh this, this is our fate, I'm yours.”

-I'M YOURS

You look beautiful in that dress,
Your eyes shine brighter than the stars,
Oh, what story is this, of ours.”

_________________________

I HAVE NEVer been one to play the game of 'dress up', not even when I was a kid. In fact, the only Barbie I got was a special Disney edition of Pocahontas, because I always dreamt of becoming like her someday. So it suffices to say that, when I had the task of dressing up for a particular wedding, especially when I was accompanying a particular hazel-eyed boy, I was absolutely clueless. After debating with myself for nearly 10 minutes, I finally opened Pinterest to check out a few hairstyles. Settling on a low chignon, I decided to get to work.

After struggling with the loose strands, I finally gave up on taming them, thus making my chignon look messier than intended. Leaving my hair as it is, I took out the dress from my wardrobe, quickly changing into it and putting on my earrings. I glanced at the clock that read 3:15. Realising that Braydon could be here any minute, I decided to not opt for a full makeup. Putting on my nude lipstick and eyeliner, I gave myself one last glance before rushing out of my room to fetch Jasmine's heels. Just as I finished putting my heels on, I heard the doorbell ring.

Carrying my sling bag and making sure that the essentials are in there, I walked towards the door just as another bell rang

Wow, somebody is patient.

“Coming, coming,” I muttered, opening the door.

“Jesus, Colours could you take-” Braydon started but stopped just as I stepped towards him.