1 4) S i l v e r

When you're dreaming with a broken heart The waking up is the hardest part

The waking up is the hardest part.

-Dreaming with a Broken Heart

___________________

'It's funny how things change,
Weird that what we once
thought was true
Feels nothing but strange'
_______________________

Braydon parked his car on an unfamiliar street and I frowned, I didn't even realise when he took the opposite turn. I must be really out of it, maybe Leah is right, I've become mental.

"Where are we?" I inquired, clutching my bag against my chest.

"Chill out, Colours."

"Oh, god! Are you kidnapping me? Shit- oh god. Listen Braydon-"

"Will you shut up? We're at my place. Now get out." He bellowed, and I complied. The neighbourhood looked pretty decent with trees aligning the streets and almost all houses looking the same, Braydon walked up the flight of stairs to an archaic style house. Honestly, it looked breathtaking from outside. It had Victorian styled pillars, a pastel door with elegant candle stands to rest beside it. I was in complete awe of this place.

"I love your place," I whispered, looking at Braydon.

He gave me a small smile, and at that very moment, the door flung open.

"Braydon you're late, I tell you-"
The lady standing in a green blouse and black long skirt, stopped mid sentence when she saw me and I immediately felt conscious of her gaze.

"Hi." I squeaked out.

The lady, who I think was slightly older to be Braydon's mum, shrieked out and engulfed me in a big hug, surprising me and causing me to look at Braydon who just winced.

"Graças a Deus. I thought he was a gay. Let me look at you," she cupped my cheeks and looked at me affectionately. I couldn't hold back, I smiled and held her hands gently. "Linda. You've beautiful dimples."

"Thank you," I said, blushing at the compliment and still trying to figure out what language she was talking in, seemed like Spanish.

"Avó, please. Can we just come inside? This is so embarrassing." Braydon pleaded, his expression was close o desperation and I wanted to laugh, but the look on the woman's face was of complete astonishment.

"You bring girl to my house for first time, and I can't even see her properly? Neto," she shook her head and guided us in. "You've become no good. Bad."