21) M a r o o n

“Baby, let the games beginLet the games beginLet the games beginBaby, let the games begin”

Baby, let the games begin
Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Baby, let the games begin”

-READY FOR IT

___________________________________

“Your lips are tinted with red,
Your eyes they shine like wine
Come to bed baby,
Let me make you mine.”

____________________________________

I WAS MET WIth a strong smell of alcohol and sweat mixed with a tinge of perfume, as soon as I entered the overcrowded bar. I didn't expect our entire grade to show up at the game, much less the bar. Nina shifted closer to Nathan, cringing at the area in front of her. I was positive that my expression definitely mirrored hers since I had absolutely no desire, to be in such a small breathing space.

“Jesus, this place is packed.” I heard Nina shout over the blasting music. I nodded my head, since screaming was not going to be of much use. Luckily, spotting an empty chair on the bar, I motioned for Nathan to follow me. Nina sat down on the bar stool whilst Nathan and I flocked by her side. After ordering our drinks, I just scanned the area, hoping to find Braydon and congratulate him on his first win. The blaring sound of the EDM track was practically damaging my ears, and my unfruitful attempt at locating Braydon just added to my sour mood.

Once our drinks arrived, I quickly gulped mine down. I had absolutely no idea why I was behaving like this, it was so unlike me to be affected by a boy so easily. My friends gave me a sceptical look and I just brushed them off, ordering another shot of tequila for myself.

“Take it slow, Bells.”

I turned around to spot Arthur with a frown, he had one arm draped across the girl he had been talking to since the past couple of days. I smirked at him and gave him a not-so-subtle wink, causing him to turn red and the girl to burst into a fit of giggles.

“Hello there Art, aren't you going to introduce us to this lovely woman?” I asked him in my best British accent. Behind me, I could hear Nina snort and I kicked her.

Arthur rolled his eyes. “Talia, meet my weird friends. Weird friends, meet Talia.”

“You hurt my bro feelings! How could you?” Nathan screeched like a child, making Arthur shake his head in embarrassment.

“Well Talia, I'm glad you're planning on giving this loser a chance.” Nina pipes in, grinning from ear to ear. I just choked on my laugh, while Talia seemed rather amused.