27) P i n k

E p i l o g u e

E p i l o g u e

BRAYDON  

I didn't get into Yale. 

I was devastated and I didn't know what I'd do, I had only applied to two more colleges and I wasn't sure what my chances were with them either. That was until I got my acceptance letter about a week back. 

Los Angeles, I was going all the way to the West Coast. 

I knew it wasn't all because of photography that UCLA had decided to accept me, I had a scout come up to me during one of our matches and offer me a position in the team, I had spoken to him about the program I was interested in and he said he'll look into it. 

Well, at least it was L.A. 

Had told Bella about my acceptance as soon as I got it and she had squealed with joy, she was going to go to Berkley and it was going to be about a 400 miles distance between us but I had persuaded her to give it a shot. After all, there was no harm in trying to make it work between us, right? If it didn't work out at least we got to say that we tried. Plus, I wasn't ready to let her go just yet. 

I was in love with her. Irrevocably and absolutely. 

I didn't know if she knew or not, because every time I tried to force the words out of my mouth she would just smile and kiss me, as if she knew. I knew she loved me, I wasn't scared of rejection. She had told me that numerous times, on numerous occasions. Most of which involved me, her and a bed or other places. 

I still couldn't believe we were finally graduates, standing on this podium right now was surreal and I let out a huge grin as I heard Bella's name being called out. She walked in to collect her diploma and she looked breathtaking doing so, her mom and sister cheered her on as I shouted her name on the top of my lungs. She looked embarrassed by our actions but let out a laugh anyway. 

After a much long and tedious photo-clicking session, we had all gathered together to decide whether we wanted to go to Reed Hal's party by the lake. From the corner of my eye, I saw Arabella bid goodbye to her mom and sister after promising to keep her in the loop regarding our plans. Smiling towards her direction, I saw her walking towards me with a full-fledged grin on her. She got on her toes and kissed my cheek before tucking herself under my arm, instantly my arms tightened around a small frame and held her close. 

"Hey," I whispered against her ear, kissing her hair lightly. 

"Hi,"

"Ugh, you two, not again!" Nathan groaned as he shook his head in annoyance. 

I shot him a smirk and just held Bella closer, my other arm going around her waist while she giggled and placed her hands on top of mine. 

"Seriously though, shouldn't your honeymoon phase be over now, Grey?" Arthur questioned as he sat down next to Sarah, swatting her leg away just as she scowled at him.