11) B e i g e

"And I suppose you're leaving me nowI was so sure now I'm so full of doubtAnd I suppose you'll be leaving this placeJust like the smile you wiped from my face, "

I was so sure now I'm so full of doubt
And I suppose you'll be leaving this place
Just like the smile you wiped from my face, "

-Leaving me now

________________________

"I'm glad you left.
I'm glad because had I spent one more moment with you,
I would've fallen in love.
And that would have been harder."

________________________

Braydon Grey was unusually quiet.

Don't get me wrong, it is not like he's usually chirpy and bubbly, singing his way to glory- no. But since the time he came back after his chat with Talon, he has been...somewhat unresponsive. I was used to angry Braydon, moody Braydon, rude Braydon, and maybe a bit of caring Braydon but I wasn't prepared for gloomy Braydon.

Besides, I am really bad at dealing with sad people. I don't do well in that department, in fact, if dealing with sad people was a subject I would probably get a D. I was that bad.

We were now sitting around a bonfire, since this was a short field trip of two nights only, our teachers thought it would be a great idea to organise a bonfire on our 'last night'. Much to my despair, the bonfire was still lit. This could have been fun if it were late October maybe, but a bonfire in the month of August? No thank you. I was just glad that it wasn't as hot as other days today, and by the time the bonfire started, it was sunset already.

"You know if you keep staring at the fire, I'm gonna think that you might just jump in."

I jumped at the sudden voice intrusion, and glared at the person. Arthur was sitting next to me with a serious expression, I must've zoned out for a good while now.

"Chill out. I was just...thinking." I took a strand of the grass, playing with it.

"And...the subject of your thoughts is a certain green eyed boy I assume?" I looked away from Arthur, embarrassed that I actually wasn't thinking about Jake. The very same Jake who left me at the party last night, and never bothered to contact me after that.

I shook my hea and replied, "Actually...No."

"Oh. Nice. So mind telling me what is it?"

I shrugged and looked at Arthur, he had a concerned look on his face and I felt terrible knowing that I had caused it. I bumped my shoulder with his causing him to let out a faint smile.