1 3) P l a t i n u m

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,

don't know when I'll be back again.

Oh, babe, I hate to go.

-Leaving on a Jet Plane

________________________

It hurts to leave you behind,

It pains to know you'll no longer be

mine.

You'll always be special, love.

Don't let your smile not shine.

__________________________

"So you just broke it off?"

I nodded while munching on the packet of Cheetos I bought for myself, they were seriously the best for food therapy. My mum looked at me with doubt circling her eyes, she was obviously not satisfied with my lack of response and well, lack of love life now. I didn't say another word, in hopes that she would leave it alone. It was important that I tell her about Jake leaving because she was going to ask about him sooner or later, and it would have been super weird if I told her months later that 'oh hey mum! You know he kind of like...left? For England? Oh and in case you didn't figure it out, we broke up. Like 2 months back."

Yeah, not cool.

She was always overly involved in our love lives, at least now she gets to worry about just one daughter'. I looked at her, sensing her disapproval and I couldn't figure out what I had done this time to piss her off.

"You don't think that I made the right choice?" I inquired, with my brows furrowed and a frown etching it's way into my face.

My mum looked taken aback. "Oh no, no. It's not that Bella, it's just. How do I say this? He was a good kid, the best of his kind. I'm just a bit bummed that he's leaving. You made the right choice, it wouldn't have made sense for you to pursue a relationship that never started ."

I was a bit shaken by her response, I didn't understand what she meant by her last statement. "What do you mean that it 'never started'? Mum Jake and I were dating."

She sighed and looked at me. "Honey, you guys never officially dated. And to any normal person, it didn't feel like you two were...well you know a couple. I could tell he liked you a lot, but maybe you rushed into it."