Chapter 4

Aisha P.O.V
That Saturday, Uthman came over to have dinner with my family. Him and my father were discussing business things that I could not possibly comprehend. My mother and I were having a side discussion.

"So what do you think of him?" Mama asked me in a quiet whisper.

"Good?" I shrugged.

"Just good? Is something wrong?"

"I don't know, Mama. I don't really know if I like him," I replied.

"Habibti, take your time. This is a big choice. No rush," my mother patted my shoulder and turned around to answer a question Baba asked her.

I sighed and didn't look up from my plate the rest of dinner. I had no clue why I was so conflicted. Something else was on my mind.

I kept thinking about Abdullah for some reason. Every time Uthman came to mind, Abdullah popped up in my head. I shook my head of those thoughts. Abdullah was just a fellow student. Nothing more, nothing less.

..............................

Abdullah P.O.V
I closed my textbook. I was finally done with my anatomy notes. I stood up and stretched. I was so glad I was finally done with my homework for the evening. I decided I'd take a walk, so I left my dorm, locked the door, and walked through the hallway. I saw Omar, hand covering half of his face, red seeping through his fingers. I stopped for a moment in shock.

"Abdullah! Help a bro out!" Omar rushed over to me.

"What happened to you?!" I asked in a state of fear.

"Roommate happened!" Omar let go of his face and revealed the damage. His eye was pooling blood, his cheek was slashed, and blood was all over his hand.

"We have to get you to the medical campus hospital," I replied.

"F-"

"Hey, don't say that. I'm gonna help you," I ran into my dorm, grabbed a few napkins and handed them to him. He put them on his bloody face.

"I can get to the hospital, you call the security and tell them that Dean Hartsfelt attacked me," Omar replied.

"Dean Hartsfelt, okay," I nodded as I typed in 911.

"Be quick. I don't know where he went," Omar urged.

"I walk you down to the hospital as I call security. What's your dorm number?" I looked up at him.

"Forty two, now come on!" Omar shouted, more frantically this time.

Aisha P.O.V

All of campus was going crazy with the arrest of Dean Heartsfelt after attacking Omar. I felt so bad for him and his friends. I did have some news to share with Fatima, but she was with that stupid secret boyfriend of hers, so if I wanted to see her, I had to go down to the sheesha lounge.

I decided I'd just call Fatima instead. I didn't like sheesha lounges. I liked sheesha alright, but the lounges were weird.

"Salam Fatima," I said.

"Hey! How are you?" Fatima asked in a loud voice.

"I have some news, I got a marriage proposal," I said.