Chapter 8

Aisha P.O.V
When I finally came to, I felt groggy and light headed. I started to try and get up, but I felt a huge weight pull me down. When my eyes could finally see clearly, I was in a damp and cold room, surrounded by gray brick walls on every side of me. I glanced up and saw water droplets come down from the ceiling. My hands felt like they were tied behind my back. Truth was, they were. I looked down and saw that each of my ankles were tied to the legs of the chair. I blinked a few times, and my vision finally adjusted. I still felt so lightheaded. When I looked in front of me, there was a large man with strapping muscles, loads of tattoos and a grim disgusting smile. I almost gasped out loud, but I did not dare to do so.

"Wakey wakey. Did you have a nice nap?" He chuckled, but it sounded like a struggled chuckle. He was probably a smoker from the way his voice sounded.

"Who-"

"Don't answer. Did I tell you to answer?" He snapped, suddenly his face turned from mocking to pissed off.

I closed my mouth, fear rising in my throat. My heart felt like absolute lead. I tried to free my wrists, but the binds were so tight.

"Now. You're probably wondering why you're here. Well, a little birdie told me Sufyan and you were getting hitched. And well, I jumped to the chance since, well, your lover boy is a rich son of a gun. I do want some of that nice dough he's got. So let's see how long it takes him to find you," the man brought his face so close to mine, his hot and horrible breath slamming into my face. I tried to move my head away, but he grabbed my chin and whipped my head back to face him.

"What's the password to your phone so I can call him. Now!" He snapped.

"Five, eight, seven, nine," I whimpered.

"Good. Now, let's see. Ah- here we go. Now let's see if he truly cares," he laughed as the phone rang.

Uthman P.O.V
I was playing around with a bunch of random desk supplies, making the paper clips engage in a war against the staples. So far, the paper clips were winning. My phone started to buzz.

I grabbed it and saw that Aisha was calling me. I instantly felt joy as I picked up the call.

"Hello?" I said.

"Is this Sufyan?" A gruff voice responded.

"Yeah... who is this?"

"Listen here, you little rich boy. I've got your darling wife, and man is she pretty. We wouldn't want her to get into any danger, now would we?"

"Who the hell is this and what the hell are you talking about?!" I shouted into the phone.

"You've got two days to find where I'm hiding out. You want your little babe back, you're going to have to pay up. One million. Nothing less. Can't find me in two days, too bad. She dies and gets dumped away in a place where you'll never ever find her. Good? Don't be too late, rich boy."

Then he hung up.

Aisha P.O.V
The man put the phone away in his pocket and gave me a wild smile.

"So, let's see, you're lover still isn't here yet. I wonder," he traced his fingers over my lips, "How long he'll take."

I whipped my head away from his gaze, but he ripped my hijab off and grabbed me by the hair.

"You little nuisance!" He snarled and slapped me right across the face with full force. My jaw felt like it had been thrown out of place. My head felt as if it had been shaken around. I was in so much shock. I felt tears threatening to spill.

"That's right, cry you stupid dog. Just cry. I get it. Lover boy hasn't rescued you yet. Too freaking bad. Looks like you'll die here," he cackled.