Chapter 12

Aisha P.O.V
Uthman had gotten me more than I had expected. He had purchased gold necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. He had gotten me a new car, new dresses, new hijabs, and he had planned our honeymoon in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. I was so excited. Also, apparently, he had a private jet. I knew Uthman was rich, but the amount of money he had shocked me.

He and I decided to go out for the evening. We would also eat dinner together at a restaurant known as Ozman's Grill. It was a very expensive and very popular Turkish restaurant. I had never been to it, but Uthman had been there a few times before.

And there I was, standing in front of all of my clothes, trying to figure out what exactly to wear. I finally decided on a soft blue dress, silver heels, silver and blue hijab, and a few bracelets and one necklace. I even did my makeup. I applied some liquid eyeliner in a smoky look with some eyeshadow to add to the smoky. Then, I applied some light colored lipstick to add some shine of some sorts. I decided to skip the contour and bronze for today. I didn't feel like going too crazy, but in the end, I did it. I made sure that the contour was right. I didn't do the bronze though. I sprayed some perfume- Burberry- and made sure that it wasn't overwhelming, but enough. I applied quick drying peel off nail polish. I gave myself one more look over and then grabbed my purse. I placed my phone in it. I remembered Fatima, so I did the honorable thing- I blocked her on every social media account and blocked her number. I didn't have time for her crap. I wanted to enjoy life, not feel depressed.

I walked out of the bathroom, took a deep breath, and walked downstairs. I noticed Uthman in his usual outfit. A tuxedo. Except he just looked plain out gorgeous. He was on his phone, but when I got to the last step, he looked up. His mouth opened in either shock or surprise.

"Is it too much?" I asked.

"Not at all," Uthman shook his head, a grin spreading on his face now.

"Good. It took me forever," I sighed a breath of relief.

"You look hot," he said.

I felt a bit speechless for a minute. I had only been called that once, by some jerk at my high school who hit on every single girl to ever exist. This was genuine.

"T-thank you," I stammered.

"Shall we go now?" Uthman stood up and walked towards me.

"Yeah, we don't want to be late," I nodded. His cologne smelled so good. I gave him a quick hug and both of us walked out to the car.

I wasn't going to lie, I still felt a bit shaky about the way I felt about Uthman. I was just so used to not feeling this way about boys because I was never allowed to date them or anything. But I was so attracted to Uthman. I figured it was because he was my husband, but he was just drop-dead gorgeous.

Uthman and I got into one of his other cars. It was another Lamborghini. This one was bright green though. Uthman opened the door for me and let me climb in, then he closed the door and got into his seat. He started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"When I was a kid, I used to dream about being married," I reminisced as he drove through the neighborhood.

"Reflection time. Is it everything you thought it was?" Uthman glanced over at me, but I could see he had a smile on his face.

"It's even better than what I expected," I replied as I looked out the window at all the large and fancy houses, expensive cars parked in front of them. I sighed as I imagined the upcoming years. I already loved this life and it had only been the second day. I looked over at Uthman, who seemed concentrated on driving. He occasionally glanced over at me, but not a lot. I wouldn't force him to either. He needed to focus on driving.