"Searching"

"Please describe the incident,"

The serious tone of the chief investigator questioned through the voice recorder.

"Th-There were three of them, girls I think, one with long blonde hair in a h-high ponytail, o-one with very long dark blue hair an-and a red-redhead."

"We-We had just returned from our night patrol, and we realised that there were intruders, judging from the wet footprints on the floor."

"The five of us went to check it out, and we fo-found a passed out guard in the men's to-toilet. Th-Then, we heard a bunch of footsteps around the file room and we headed there to check i-it out."

"When we did, Raphael got the full bla-blast of it. Got hi-hit by a knife stra-straight in the hea-heart. He was a goner for sure. That lass ha-had excellent a-aim. Then, one of them hit the rest of us from behind, couldn't see which one, we had our backs to her."

"Can't remember anything else after that, on-only darkness."

The interrogated junior policeman's voice was cut off by Rin turning off the voice recorder with a grim look on her face.

"The descriptions do fit all three of them, doesn't it?"

Hoseki spoke, her arms crossed over her chest, bronze eyes glancing hauntingly over at Honoka.

"Yeah, it does."

The ginger head looked over at Kotori, who was quivering slightly, the zip lock bag containing the strand of dark blue hair clutched in her fist.

"U-Umi-chan wouldn't...she wouldn't...kill...anyone..."

She muttered, her golden eyes filling with tears.

"Yes, she wouldn't, what if they're imposters?"

Honoka wished dearly that what she had just suggested was true.

The sad look that Rin gave her spoke the opposite though.

"Th-That hair was sent for DNA-testing. It's genetic sequence matched Umi-chan's per-perfectly, nya."

Hanayo clapped a hand over her mouth, and turned away, stricken with shock.

Kotori's eyes saddened significantly, and her grip tightened around the Umi plushie she still had with her.

Hoseki looked away from the scene, casting her gaze to the ceiling pointedly.

Honoka, on the other hand, didn't know how to respond to this.

Umi-chan...Eli-chan...Maki-chan...are these things you really would do?

If so, what for?

What are you doing this for?

XXXXX

"You're in deep soup,"

The royal blue-eyed girl stared straight into baby blue.