Eternal

“Ugh...” Nozomi groaned, and her eyes fluttered open as she lifted herself off the floor slowly.

The cold stone floor had almost frozen her side, and when she touched it, the icy burning sensation caused her to pull away instantly.

“You are finally awake.” A deep voice whispered, and Nozomi glanced over at the other end of the room.

She narrowed her eyes.

“Where is my Elichi?” She demanded, her voice hard and determined.

“She’s dead, unfortunately. ”

“Wha...What?!” Gasping, she placed a shaking hand to her chest, where her heart was tearing itself apart.

“I love you, Nozomi.” The ghost of a whisper echoed faintly in her memories.

“Want to grab parfajts before we head back?”

“I promise Nozomi, that I’ll remain by your side, forever.”

Elichi...

I love you too...and I can’t bear to see you go.

I can’t let you go, not yet.

Not when I’ve yet to say goodbye, and not when I’ve yet to thank you...

For loving me.

Tears rolled down her cheeks in torrents, and her hands balled into fists against the cold floor.

“Elichi...” She mourned, sobs wrecking her body as she supported herself with her hands and knees.

Yuutsu ran his eyes over her figure, feeling an unknown emotion wash over him. Maybe deja vu?

Or maybe, just a tiny hint of sympathy?

No, he had told himself that there will be no more of that after Kori’s death.

He gritted his teeth to the point of pain, and ruffled his hair impatiently.

Again, he had caused the death of someone who was loved. And he could empathize with her, surprising himself.

But he had to.

“You bastard!” She cried out, slamming her fist on the floor, not caring that her skin split under the force she had applied.

“I am sorry.” He mumbled, and Nozomi snapped her head up.

“How can you say that?! You’ve never lost someone, it’s not like you loved her anyway!” She screamed out, holding her head in between her hands and panting heavily.

His breath hitched in his throat, and ice blue eyes flashed fleetingly in his mind.

“I do understand how you feel.” He whispered, and folded his hands together, squeezing gently.