"I Am"

"Yorokobi?"

The ice blue wolf whispered, and circled the golden wolf slowly, drinking in its scent.

"Yes."

"You."

"Yes. It's me."

"I never. Called you friend."

"But I do."

Yorokobi insisted, and got onto all fours once more, her golden fur brushing the other wolf's as they rubbed noses.

"Kori."

"What."

Yorokobi's royal blue eyes stared into Kori's ice blue ones.

"I'm sorry to say this, but I need Eli back."

Kori's eyes narrowed.

"Why? I thought you hate humans too."

"This human is different. She was a close friend of mine back when I was in Otonokizaka."

Kori sat back onto his haunches, his body language suggesting that he was reluctant to comply to Yorokobi's demands.

"Do as I say, Kori."

The ice blue wolf snarled, baring his pearly white teeth.

"You're not the pack leader. Kasai is."

The golden wolf glowered at Kori, her tail held high.

"Do I need to tell you twice?"

Kori stared obstinately at Yorokobi, keeping his ice blue eyes fixed on her.

"I refuse."

And that was the last straw.

The golden wolf rushed forward, flipped Kori onto his back, and placed a strong paw on his chest, her royal blue eyes now a glaring golden.

"I'm Jikan now. Happy?"

She snapped, her golden fur sparkling with an essence of impatience.

Kori's eyes widened and he relented slowly, pushing his head back onto the ground and looking away from Yorokobi's angry gaze.

Gradually, his white fur grew blonde, and his ice blue eyes darkened, before Eli's wolf form was back.

"Yorokobi?"

The blonde wolf muttered and got up slowly when her pack member released her, checking her limbs to see if they were functional.

"Hey, Eli." The golden wolf jumped up and twisted in midair, dropping down again and landing as a human.

Royal blue eyes stared back at Eli as Yorokobi made her way towards her once more.